Thursday, December 29, 2011

Year in Review Blog Hop



My friend and fellow former Amber Ink torchbearer, Karin, is hosting A Year in Review Blog Hop. It's fun to see synopses of other peoples' favourite creations; I decided to participate because two of my 2011 favourites haven't even been blogged yet! (Did December suddenly get really busy for anyone else, by any chance? :P There were cards and tags I photographed but never blogged, and at the end made but never even photographed!) 
Here are some of my 2011 favourites:


Original post here.
Love the Echo Park patterned paper!


Original post here.
Shakespeare, lots of fun little details, not-bad colouring. Happy sigh.


Original post here.
Someday, this will be my feeling exactly. In the meantime, a fun 60th birthday card for someone else


Original post here.
A little out of my box, in a good way. 


Original post here.
I just like this.


Original post here.
A more subtle age-related birthday card. 


Original post here.
These two snowmen, and the happy colours, make me smile. 




The only cat Christmas card I made this year! Magenta stamp, Cuttlebug faux letterpress background, Glossy Accents on the ornaments, Stickles, computer-printed sentiment on vellum. 




I love the expression on the face of this Ippity penguin. I also love how perfectly the polka-dot paper works for a snowy background! 
To join in this fun year-end review, head over to Karin's blog and link up a post of some of your favourites, too! (Oh, if you need more incentive... there are prizes!) And Happy New Year!  Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Meg said...

Man, I don't know how you picked just twelve, but you picked some great ones! I totally stole, but have yet to post, that airplane one for my dad's birthday.

Of course Mr Owl is a fan favorite, as is some Amber Ink! And I love your fun techniques like the music background, glitter stamp (swoon), and "letterpressing." And those snowmen! And that cat with the glossy ornaments! And that penguin with the polka dot paper!

What a great year! Can't wait to see what you create in 2012!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful collection of cards! I loved looking at all of them. I really love the penguin too


Wishing you a year of health, happiness and creativity! Happy New Year!

Barbara Bruder said...

Your collect is so cute. Love the cat and the penguin cards the most!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love your style, what a great collection. Happy New Year.

Linda said...

Cute cards. Love the cat! TFS! Happy New Year!

Lorraine said...

Great range of cards! Enjoyed all of them! Happy New Year!

Lee said...

What a great selection of cards. You have a lovely style of cardmaking. Your owl card is my favourite.

Karin said...

Sheesh, your cards are just amazing! I love the Amber Ink one, genius...And the penguin in the snow drifts is an awesome holiday card! I can't wait to see what you make in 2012 and thanks so much for linking up and playing along! Happy New Year friend :)

Kara said...

love that chubby snowman!! happy new year!

Donelda said...

So many great creations!! How to pick??? I adore the one with music on it .. and being a cat lover he is so cute ...and you are right, the polka dots make awesome background for snow!!!

Penni said...

Wow what a fabulous choice - TFS

Hugs
Penni
X

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

that 60th birthday card is great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have a great card making style- and the images are darling...I love the 60th card and the snow cards. Fun blog hop!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them, I especially like the penguin though. Very cute! Happy New Year!

Tracy said...

Your clean style is just fabulous and my favorite is that adorable little cat. :-) So glad you shared!

Brenda said...

love your Christmas cards - especially the little kitty

Angela said...

What a great crafting year it's been for you! Excellent choices all. I especially love the ones I haven't seen yet...and yep, I obviously know what you mean about a busy december! I sent out stacks of un-photographed cards. Oh, well....

Here's to another wonderfully crafty year ahead!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Like your style, so many lovely cards. Like the expression on the face of the Ippity penguin too along with that blue background.

AllisonG said...

Love your cards - my faves are probably the airplane cuz I love Echo Park, too, and the penguin at the end - he looks so put out!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great cards. Love the snowman, cat & penguin ones especially.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Hard to choose a fave, but I guess it will have to go to the snowmen! The short one is too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to pick just a few faves. LOVE each of these and the new ones too! December did fly by! I hope 2012 is filled with lots of crafty goodness for you Lindsey!!! Hugs.

Unknown said...

my goodness, you are talented :) i love the kitty card...the vellum sentiment strip is perfect. and, i love that magenta stamp. the ippity penguin card is perfection. happy 2012!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I love each card--so amazing how each one is DIFFERENT:) I love Year in Reviews! Happy NEW Year!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are gorgeous!! Very nice to see them all lined up here, fabulous inspiration! Love it!
Wishing you a wonderful new year!
Hugs, Wendy

Emily Leiphart said...

Ah, yes, these are some of my favourites of yours, Linds! Great choices. I wish I had time for this retrospect this year. I'm so happy to see you use that penguin. LOL Happy New Year to you! I hope it's fabulous. :)

Jen W. said...

I'm loving seeing everyone's favourites! So fun to take a little trip down memory lane and also see some I may have missed. :)