Monday, September 3, 2012

Birthday Wishes

It's Labour Day... no longer the end of summer vacation for me, but I found myself still having the ghost of summers past anxiety this morning. :P Perhaps it's empathy for back-to-school family and friends. Labour Day is also the symbolic end of the summer for many, but I'm hoping it continues for a few more weeks, weather-wise. 
In the meantime, I realized I posted the cards my grandkids made for their great-grandmother's birthday, but not my own card! 



I combined this beautiful stamp with a music embossing folder -- my mother-in-law is an accomplished musician as well as teaching piano for many years. As so often seems to happen, I didn't seem to have quite the right sentiment, so did this plus the inside ("...the very happiest of birthdays!") on the computer. We helped organize a luncheon for family and friends on the special day; it was very successful, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. 
I going to add this to Simon Says Stamp's current Anything Goes challenge. Enjoy your four-day week! 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up blushing bride & old olive cardstock, Great Impressions rose trio stamp, Versafine onyx black & worn lipstick & peeled paint distress inks, clear embossing powder, Sizzix sheet music embossing folder, Spellbinders oval die, Martha Stewart layered arches border punch, pop-dot tape Pin It Now!

5 comments:

cheiron said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Cheiron

Jen W. said...

Love the glitter on the flower and I'm thinking a music embossing folder/impression plate is a very sensible purchase. Onto my wish list it goes! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

So gorgeous, Lindsey! The embossing is really pretty, and I love the flowers. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that struggles to find the right sentiment stamps...

Lisa Arana said...

The soft embossing of the music folder is the perfect background for this card. The flowers are just gorgeous.

Sandy said...

So sweet - now I subscribe to your e-mails.
Sandy