Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Two More Challenge Cards!

Working away at more Unity World Card Making Day Challenges! Once again, I made sure I did a hard (for me) challenge along with an easy one. The hard one first:



This is for Challenge #8: colour challenge. The colours are cream, brown, olive and pumpkin. SO not my colours; I'm more of a brights kinda girl. :) As I looked through my stamps, I came across this itty bitty I hadn't used yet, and the wheels started turning. Don't these socks just call out to be paper-pieced? So that's what I did with a couple of patterned paper scraps. The orange scrap was a rather pale pumpkin, so I added some spiced pumpkin paint to the polka dots. Now I have a fun masculine card to add to my stash! 



Challenge #6 asks you to make a border using a non-border stamp. I had lots of ideas for this one, but in my effort to build up the Christmas card collection as I do some challenges, I opted for this little holly stamp. Notice I went for the non-written rhyme: jolly, golly... holly!
This means I have half the challenges done! Four down, four to go... 



Supplies: (socks) Stampin' Up naturals ivory & old olive cardstock, patterned paper scraps, Unity matching socks stamps, Brilliance coffee bean ink, clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Spellbinders reverse wonky rectangles die, pop-dot tape; (be jolly) white & black cardstock, Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas patterned paper, Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder stamps, Memories black, Stampin' Up garden green & Versamark inks, clear embossing powder, Prismacolor pencils

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those socks :) Mostly because I wish my family wore such distinctive ones - as it is one kid wears white(ish, he is a boy) and the other grey. Narrows it down somewhat ;)
And the non-written rhyme - OMG that's brilliant. I love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

Both of these are adorable! I love those socks and had no idea you had them! I guess you'll have to use them more often. ;) And I love your holly border! Is... that... reverse wonky squares?!

Jen W. said...

Love those socks images and I love that there isn't a pumpkin or leaf in sight for this colour challenge! :) And your holly border rocks.