Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SPARKS for Easter



This week the challenge at Paper Smooches SPARKS is a colour one. While it's called "Fiesta", I immediately thought, "Easter"! Possibly because I need a couple of Easter cards, but anyway... 
After playing around with a few ideas, I ended up taking my layout inspiration from this card I added to Pinterest a few days ago. 




How cute are these little chicks? I didn't have quite the right sentiment, so I printed this one on the computer. I traced over it with my clear sparkle marker for a little extra fun. I like that this is a card that will work for just about anyone!
And I almost forgot! I'm linking this up to Simon Says Stamp's latest challenge, for Easter or spring cards. 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up garden green cardstock, Paper Smooches Woofers & Tweeters stamp, Memento dandelion, caneloupe & tangelo inks, atyou Spica clear glitter marker, EK Success 1 1/4" square & Marvy Uchida corner-rounding punches, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Glenda J said...

So cute! Great CAS card.

Jessi Fogan said...

I have yet to ink up that itty bitty chickie, and this is a perfect way to showcase it, Lindsey! Love it :)
And btw, I just devoured Gone Girl & ordered everything else Gillian Flynn ever wrote. OMG. That book was MESSED UP!

Lisa Arana said...

awwww, how darn cute are those little chickies. Love the great design.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card!! What a sweet design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, so cute! I love this layout!

Anonymous said...

Clean and bright and happy with those colours and all the white. I knew the inspiration card without even clicking; I think I have it pinned as well.
Heather

Jen W. said...

Love this funky layout and those super cute chickies! And that sentiment is awesome - it looks totally Paper Smooches-esque!