Saturday, April 27, 2013

Seeing Spots

This week, Paper Smooches SPARKS has their "picture perfect" challenge, and this is the inspiration photo:



Cupcake roses -- how brilliant is that? So of course my card has neither flowers nor cupcakes. Instead, I took my inspiration from the polka dots and the blue.



Lots of dots! Why yes, that is Target washi tape. Welcome to Canada, Target -- and it's true, I did mostly check out a new store in order to see if their tapes had come to Canada. The red panel is embossed with dots as well, and even this happy puppy is spotted. His nose and eye got some enamel accents, while his collar received some glossy accents. (I think Polaroid could be revived if they came out with three-dimensional photos -- as my puppy is, popping off the background -- don't you?)
With slightly better odds than the average lottery, I'm also entering this card in the current Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge.


       

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Recollections patterned paper, Paper Smooches Woofers and Tweeters & Birthday Buddies stamps, Memento tuxedo black & Stampin' Up real red inks, Prismacolor pencils, Lil' Inkers instant camera die, Spellbinders large circle die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Target washi tape, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an adorable creation. Love the fun colors too!

Your newest follower now *wink*

Wendy ten Hove said...

Cool!!! I totally looooove this card! With purple and red being my favorite colors, this is so perfect! Love the doggie, been doubting about buying this set, but he's so funny! Great idea with all the dots!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! The blue spots on the pup are sweet - and I love where the inspiration took you :) Just a little jelly about the Target - we will have one in the region, but not yet. Fingers crossed they bring us washi too!

Lisa Arana said...

love your take on the dots! you can never go wrong with polka dots.

Lynn said...

I love the polka dots...it is an absolutely adorable card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Kary said...

So very, very cute, Lindsey!! LOVE the polka dots and the cute dog.

Lori said...

Too cute! Love the dotted background behind your dotted pup. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love the polka dots on your card--and what a fun little pup with that sentiment:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you will join in this week as well!!! It's ANYTHING GOES-- so make whatever you want using PS stamps and dies!!! <3

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey, super cute image and I love how you've mounted it on the polka dot background.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Jen W. said...

Okay, I'm really gonna have to do some shopping at Lil Inkers. I love that polaroid die! And your blue dotty doggie is to die for!! LOL!

Barb King said...

Cute, love the polka dots! Perfect for this card with the funny dog.

Unknown said...

I love this! The polaroid frame and that Target tape is fabulous. We're getting our own Target in a few months and I can't wait to see the place :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL about the 3D Polaroids like the puppy. Very true! This card is fantastic--I love the dog and the washi(yes, Target washi is a must-have), and the polka dot paper. This is so good, Linds. :)