Sunday, November 3, 2013

Warm Wishes, Cool Colours

Sunday... could that mean I'm posting a card for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge that ends tonight? Why yes, it could. This week is a Picture Perfect inspiration challenge, and it's one where I am definitely going to have to explain my inspiration. Here is the picture:



And here is my card:



You're not seeing it? ;) I don't blame you. One of the things I liked best about this photo was the water droplets on the leaves... and that inspired me to try my masking fluid for the first time. So that is my main inspiration; I also tried to keep the colours of my card muted, a little like the photo. I covered the bottom of my panel with a mask made from my evergreen punch -- I love this punch, but use it mostly for masking. I flicked masking fluid on the top part and allowed it to dry before painting the sky with distress inks. I thought this snowman had just the right pensive expression for the snowy landscape. He's painted using distress markers. I just couldn't find the right combination of sentiment and size in my Paper Smooches sentiments, so used this Unity one. Isn't it nice when stamps play nicely together? The back mat is white cardstock swiped with distress ink.
My thoughtful snowman is going to link up with the Monday and Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenges, as well. 
Enjoy what's left of your weekend! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes & Unity October 2010 Kit of the Month (Take Time to Laugh) stamps, Memories black, stormy sky, tumbled glass & dusty concord Distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Frisket masking fluid, Distress markers, EK Success border punch, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Awesome card! I love the snow background and the cute snowmen! You did such a great job coloring him! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Isha Gupta said...

Looove this card Linds. Perfect interpretation. I like the masking fluid flick, I also love to use it a lot :) Just GORGEOUS!!

Jessi Fogan said...

WOW WOW WOW! I love where your inspiration led you - and that evergreen punch rocks :)

Chris Dring said...

So love this card and how you interpreted the challenge! The sky, that cute snowman, and DOH! Never figured on using a tree line punch as a mask! Brilliant!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet background. Lovely snowy scene with the cute snowman! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Lisa Arana said...

oh my, oh my, oh my!!! Linds, this card is beyond AMAZING!!! I love that background, what a brilliant idea. So stunning my dear.

Emily Leiphart said...

Really stunning, Linds! I love your watercoloured snowman and background. Wow. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Heather said...

This is just too cute. I love it. And I hope you feel real special, because I just had to leave a comment LOL I am so crazy-swamped I don't know what to do next. Miss everyone, but hopefully after next week I'll be back. Cute, cute, CUTE card.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GOOOOOOOOOODNESS! What a fab card! I see exactly what you were inspired by--- love the flicked masking fluid for the water drops....and I LOVE your masking and inking for the sky! LOVE that little snowman! This card is TOP NOTCH! FAB! THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week for the STRIPE trend watch challenge;)

Unknown said...

the background is so pretty! i love this design...the treeline is perfect

Jen W. said...

Love that gorgeous sky!