Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Sketchy Change of Pace

If you happen to visit here once in a while, you may have noticed that I am what they call a "clean and simple" stamper. I don't tend to go for lots of layers or embellishments. However, after a month of guest designing for the CASology challenge blog combined with the current one layer challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, I felt the need to break out of the box a little! Layers, papers, embellishments, calling my name...


I decided to use the current sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches -- especially since my friend and snarky sister Jessi just happens to be this week's sketch artist! No stamping on this (although the inside sentiment is stamped), just lots of Graphic 45 Typography paper. Of the three small tags, the middle is a chipboard piece to match the flourishes on the main panel, while the other two are die cuts. 
I'm also entering this into Simon Says Stamp's current Anything Goes challenge. 

Supplies: Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Graphic 45 Typography patterned papers and chipboard element, Simon Says Stamp postage stamp die, Spellbinders Page Maps Charmed, I'm Sure dies, Twinery marigold twine, Recollections black half-pearls, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have transitioned to layers beautifully with this one. Your colours are lovely and the black framing perfect.
Heather

Lin said...

what a neat card, Lindsey! I love that graphic image, and the fun tags, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful layout and use of papers, Linds! Love that cluster of tags tied with twine!

Heather said...

You know this style is more up my alley. Love the tags and twine. And of course, the sentiment is so true.

Debbie said...

So pretty!! Wonderful layers and colors!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this! LOVE it :) That cluster of tags, the perfect piece of art for the sentiment panel - it's gorgeous! And I'm totally honoured that you used my sketch :) You rock!

Jessi Fogan said...

AND forgot to say, I'm featuring your card on the TMS FB page today ;)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Diane said...

What a fun design, the tags, string and image are great.

Hugs Diane

Chris Dring said...

What a great take on the sketch, Lindsey! Love that main panel combined with the three tags! Awesome!