Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Glow...

It's my second post as CASology's guest designer for July, and this week's cue word is GLOW




Just like last week, lots of ideas crossed my mind,  but I still ended up going with my first instinct, which was to pull out this light bulb stamp with its perfect sentiment. After stamping and heat-embossing the image, I cut it out and traced around it onto my card base before sponging the glow. I stamped the sentiment, then coloured in "light" using the same ink. 
Here's a close-up that shows the silver embossing better:



The regular CASology design team has of course come up with their usual creative ideas, so be sure to see where this week's cue word took them. Then I hope you'll join us! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Unity stamps, Versamark, Memories black & Memento dandelion inks, silver embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp postage stamp die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

So perfect for this week's cue word, Lindsey! The addition of the embossing adds so much and I love it!
So glad we get to have you as a guest designer for a second week over at CASology! :)

Jen W. said...

Love the silver embossing powder - totally adds to the shine! Also like how you colored the filament and left the rest white. :)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Lindsey you have a great idea for the cue card the embossing is adorable and the shape of the card I love it...may I ask you how many times if we win at Casology can we being GDT...i thought only one time but I love your CAS card your style fit so good with CASology...congrats again as GDT Lindsey.. and now I am off to sleep..its 23:29 in Munich...hugs, Monika

Taunya Butler said...

This is a super fantastic card that does indeed glow with praise!! What a delight it would be for anyone to receive this beautifully done card!!

Joyce said...

Perfect card for the cue word, and I love how you made the glow all around the light bulb.

Heather said...

Love the embossing on the light bulb. I think it really 'makes' the card. Ok, the yellow highlights are a perfect touch also. You always have the best ideas.

Judy1223 said...

Lindsey, this is so fun! I love the silver embossing, a perfect GLOW card! Great having you as guest designer at CASology this month!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Lindsey, between the shiny silver and the subtle yellow it really does glow!

Heather T

Chris Dring said...

A perfect, glowing card! That is all. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! The glow around the bulb is just perfect :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your glowing lightbulb. The silver embossing is perfect for this card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful, Linds! Love the silver embossing and glow!