Monday, August 18, 2014

Online Card Class -- Card 1

I was so excited to learn I had won a spot in the newest Online Card Class -- Stretch Your Stamps 2! I found out the day the classes started... and wouldn't you know it, it was the start of two crazy-busy weeks. So yes, the classes officially ended Friday, but I started catching up this weekend.
The first two days are all about using using your background stamps. My card is inspired by Kristina Warner and her multilayer emboss resist technique, as well as Tasnim Ahmed, who cut out portions of a patterned background. 


I used my Hero Arts plaid background, embossed in white and watercoloured in red, green and yellow. I was initially thinking I'd use it for a Christmas card, but a) it looked not at all Christmasy when complete, and b) plaid and watercolours aren't really all that compatible. :D So I chose to minimize the plaidness by cutting one row of the squares out on the diagonal to get a strip of diamonds. I also cut a thin strip from one edge to anchor my bold sentiment and balance the card. I have of course kept the plaid scraps for when a different inspiration strikes. 
So there you have my first class-inspired card! There are more, just from day one, coming up soon! 

Supplies: white card stock, Strathmore 140 lb watercolour paper, Hero Arts plaid background & Maya Road picture perfect cameras stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Wow white embossing powder, Grumbacher cake watercolours, Marvy Uchida corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

oh, how exciting to play along with that class. I really need to do one sometime. Love your first "homework" card. Great techniques to play with.

Isha Gupta said...

Pretty card Linds. Love the watercolor effect.

Jessi Fogan said...

Minimize the plaidness! I LOVE THAT! This is super pretty - and I love the layout you went with!