Saturday, September 20, 2014

Jingle Bells

It's Saturday! Time for a new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge... and Edna echoes exactly how I feel about this week's theme: 



Yes, distressing makes me distressed. It's good to be challenged once in a while, though, right? And so while I could have opted for the easy way out and merely sponged the edges of a card stock panel, I did try to distress a bit more than that.



If you look closely, yes, I did distress the edges of both the Jingle Bells panel and the ticket image. I don't own a fancy distressing tool, of course, so a scissors blade did the work instead. I did also sponge the edges of both those panels, as well, with DISTRESS ink, of course. :D With Jingles Bells as my main stamp, it only made sense to use papers from a pad called "Sleigh Ride". 
There is lots of distressing inspiration to be found on the Snarky blog today, both from my sisters in snark and from our latest guest designer, Sandra. And then we would love to see you join us! 
P.S. Realized I could add this to Darnell's fun NBUS challenge, since my Jingle Bells music stamp got inky for the first time! I am pretty sure it's the first time I have used this paper pad, as well. 




Supplies: Stampin' Up very vanilla & Recollections green metallic card stock, Crate Paper Sleigh Ride patterned papers, Viva Las VegasStamps Jingle Bells & Unity Ticket to Christmas stamps, Versafine onyx black & evergreen bough distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, hole punch, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super job on the card, gread sponging I can't even do that so it looks good lol. and I join you in the stressing part of distress lol

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I think you have made my favorite Christmas card ever! It's perfect from the colors to the ticket stamp! You don't need an expensive distress tool. I was given a Tonic one 7 years ago and still prefer a dull exacto knife or scissors.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh yeah this is a fantastic Christmas card Lindsey!! I own a fancy distressing tool and I still ALWAYS use my scissors LOL
You rocked this challenge sistah!

Carol L said...

What a fun card! Now you've got me singing that song in my head (already!) but the distressing looks great! I really like that little ticket accent :)

Lynne Mizera said...

Wonderful Non-traditional Christmas card with ooodles of distressing... LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Darnell said...

I find distressing to be distressing, too, Lindsey! You did a brave thing! Think of all the people besides me who you are inspiring with this card!! Plus, I totally love the colors you used!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

P.S. Fancy that and glad I am to have you in my second NBUS Challenge, Lindsey! Thank you for linking up!! Hugs, Darnell

Jessi Fogan said...

I love how you've created the perfect CAS distressed card! That music stamp is going to be so versatile - and I would also use scissors BUT being that I tend to cut myself, I am glad I have a distressing tool. Less distressing if you can avoid blood shed, lol!

Heather said...

Love the colors. It would make the perfect "Florida" Christmas card--are you wishing for some warm weather already? I need to try distressing, you made it look easy...no wait, that's DE-stressing for me.

Jen W. said...

Glad you got past the distress of distressing! :D Your card is awesome and I love the colour combo!

Emily Leiphart said...

Munsch's "Scream" for distressing? Hilarious! Your card is fantastic with the colours, patterned paper use and, of course, distressing!