Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!


I'm so excited to be participating in the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop -- Holiday Edition! Since I started sharing my dad's coffee with him by the age of six, I think I qualify as a coffee lover. :) 
Thanks to Amy Tsuruta for her amazing work organizing this fun event! Over 200 coffee-loving crafters will be posting coffee or other hot beverage-related projects to their blogs or galleries today. And what's a blog hop without giveaways? Many individuals will be giving out blog candy to a commenter as part of their hop post. Plus, we have an incredible number of generous sponsors offering prizes as well! 


17Turtles Veronica Zalis Chris Franco
Add a Little Dazzle  Butterfly Reflections Ink Color Cast Designs
Create a Smile Hero Arts Kraftin' Kimmie
Kreative Kymona Latina Crafter Neat & Tangled
Newton's Nook Pickled Potpourri Designs Poppystamps
Reverse Confetti Stamp Academy Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
STAMPlorations SugarPea Designs Sweet 'n Sassy
The Alley Way Stamps Two Paper Divas Verve Stamps
Whole Wild World Your Next Stamp Paper Smooches

Want to join in on the fun? Simply link your own new, hot-beverage related project to Amy's blog by 11:55 pm PST on Friday, December 12th to be eligible for one of the sponsored prizes. And one more way to win: Amy is offering prizes to five people who complete the entire hop! 
Since you've made it this far... here is my contribution to the hop:


Although a certain large coffee chain thinks pumpkin spice lattes are seasonal, I would happily drink them from the onset of cool weather till it's time to break out the tshirts and shorts again. Many of my PSL-drinking friends would agree! So I was thrilled to discover this recipe to make my own pumpkin spice syrup. (I also like knowing all the ingredients that go into it...) So I thought some syrup in a decorative bottle with a themed tag would make a perfect holiday gift. 
If you haven't already, make yourself comfortable with your favourite hot beverage and get hopping! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up kraft & very vanilla cardstock, Basic Grey Aspen Frost patterned paper, Stampin' Up Patterned Occasions stamp, Versafine onyx black & Memento Luxe love letter inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Papertrey Ink tag sale #4 & Spellbinders circle dies, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, pop-dot tape, Offray red ribbon


Pin It Now!

65 comments:

Veronica Z said...

I love your bottle and tag! Yes, pumpkin spice flavoring is a staple this time of year!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely ornament shaped tag! perfect for the coffee gift!

Shelly said...

So totally SWEET! Love!

Katia said...

amazing tag!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet tag Lindsey. Love the cute cup and the holiday background paper.

Rebekah said...

Beautiful job, what an awesome gift!

anja curvers said...

That bottle and tag look really great it's an awesome gift.

Annette Allen said...

adorable tag

Jerrie said...

What a cute idea..could I please get the recipe for your pumpkin spice syrup?? My niece loves these and it would be a perfect gift for her.

VanessaB said...

love that bottle with sweet coffee tag. so pretty :)

Beth H. said...

I completely agree! Love PSL and could drink them almost all year round! Great tag and terrific idea to pair it up with some syrup! Thanks for sharing!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very sweet tag!!!

Christiana said...

Very cute tag! Your syrup sounds yummy.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

super cute tag...thanks for the link to the recipe!

Darnell said...

What an awesome idea for a gift, Lindsey!! Your tag is perfect for that really schweet bottle!! Enjoy the hop! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Lori Turner said...

I am pretty sure you made this blog post specifically for ME! LMBO! I am a PSL addict - so thank you, thank you, thank you for this recipe! I will definitely try it! Gorgeous bottle/tag! WTG

@JoyceCasaldi said...

LOL I think they thrive on all the hype they make around the beginning and end of the famous drink. What a cute tag, So glad you hopped along!
Happy Holidays

~amy~ said...

okay, first off, I love your bloggie banner:) It made me smile to read that you started sharing your dad's coffee with him since you were 6...now how cute is that?!
I adore your project...what a great idea. I think I'm going to try to do this and give it to my daughter in her stocking. Such a cutie pie tag and bottle.

Thanks so much for linking up to the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

Becca Cruger said...

Genuis! If any of my friends gave me that for a Christmas gift, they'd make it to the top of my friendship chart for sure! I agree that PSL should be year-round. Great design!

Maura said...

Agree! Pumpkin spice season needs to be longer!

Laurel Beard said...

So fun! I love this... Your blog banner is also just flat out awesome!

Tina said...

love pumpkin spice...this is just so cute

MariLynn said...

Thanks so much for sharing the link for the recipe. My son in law was so sad when he couldn't get anymore PSL. I passed it on to my daughter. Cute tag that you made to go on your bottle. Great project for the hop.

Jenny said...

Cute tag Lindsey, and thanks for sharing your Pumpkin Spice recipe - Pinned! Hugs, Jenny

Rubeena I. said...

that looks adorable!!!! it really makes the gift more wonderful.

maria f. said...

Sweet project and SWEET that you found that recipe!

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE Your coffee card!!!! CUTE!!!! what a great recipe

Anita said...

How cool to have your own Pumpkin Spice syrup. I love Pumpkin spice.

Olga Direktorenko said...

Soooo very cute holiday coffee tag!

Anonymous said...

Adorable tags! Really cute!

Waving My Wand said...

Yum! Don't hold out on the recipe!

StampingbugKerry said...

Yummy, yummy. Pumpkin spice syrup! Thanks for the recipe link!

Heather said...

What an adorable decanter. Love the tag...and thanks for the recipe. Going to check it out. As you know...I LOVE my coffee!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oooooh your blogger header is amazing too, Awesome gift tag!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What an awesome gift idea! Sounds so yummy!

Indy's Designs said...

Thanks for sharing how to make pumpkin syrup! Pumpkin spice frappuccino is my hubby's favorite! I so want to try to make him some (maybe for a Christmas present!) I love your bottle and tag! THANKS!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs, Debbie!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Pumpkin Spice syrup?!?!? That sounds delicious!! I bet your friends will love receiving these!! Beautiful tag too.

JustYolie said...

This is a fantastic gift idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Celeste Goff said...

Love, love, love this!!!

Unknown said...

Love the tag!!

Thordis said...

What a great gift! Your tag is adorable :)

Karen Schroeder said...

Cute tag...great background paper! Love what's inside too...thanks for the recipe!

Jennie said...

What a sweet little tag!

Sherry Butcher said...

So cute. Love the colors. TFS.

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

Fabulous gift tag, Lindsey, it looks great on your syrup! Happy Holidays!

PS...can't spell after so many blogs!

Rita W said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I could use some peppermint for year round drinking. ;)

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

...what a great gift and recipe...thanks!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OOOOOH!!! What fun! Love the tag and thanks for the recipe link!

Java happy day and Merry Christmas.
Heather Dennis

Chris said...

It's so true that homemade is just better - and the tag is adorable. What a super gift. Thanks for sharing!

nancy carroll said...

Wow, thanks for the inspiration and recipe! so cool

Amy Johnson said...

Such a creative project!

AmethystCat said...

What a wonderful treat tag! And thx for the recipe link. I have a pumpkin loving friend who is going to be on cloud 9!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN!!!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous gift idea and beautiful tag, Lindsey!
PS: You could have entered your Blog banner in THIS hop ;-)

*Vicki* said...

Such a fabulous gift idea!! :) YUMMY!

Lori Kobular said...

Pumpkin Spice Latte is my favorite too!! You have to share the secret of your recipe! I love this as a gift idea!! I am sure who ever receives it will be very pleased!!

Nance said...

Very pretty tag. Your spiced syrup sounds interesting even though I'm not into pumpkin flavored things.

Lyndal said...

FABulous tag Lindsey! Thanks for sharing :) You can pop by my blog for a chance at some stamping blog candy too http://lyndalhiggins.blogspot.com.au/

Patry Ro said...

Sweet!! Thanks for sharing.

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG, WANT! Me too I love PSLs, and this is just the coolest gift idea!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Adorable tag. TFS

D- said...

This is GREAT. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
dmcardmaker{at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

Samantha Mann said...

ha ha ha ha!! i LOOOOOVE that you made your own PSL syrup!!! take that big coffee company!! ha ha!!! and what an amazing gift for someone too - they can enjoy it all year!! adorable tag, too!

Helen Gullett said...

Cute tag! Love the idea using this bottle :)