Friday, May 15, 2015

Hello!

I'm popping in on this rainy Friday — but it's still Friday! — with a card for Leslie's sketch challenge, CSSC #4. Her sketch:


My card:


Oh look! I added a cat to the design. At first I had trouble with this sketch, since I don't have a lot of big bold sentiments. Luckily, I did have this die cut from Emily that was just right. For the background, I was inspired by this technique. I sponged and blended three shades of distress ink before water-stamping with a newsprint background to get more of an abstract, textured look than actual images. While it was still wet, I spritzed it with some glimmer mist, just for fun. This close-up almost shows the shimmer...


And the cat? I wanted a small critter to contrast with the giant sentiment, and I like the way he appears to be photo-bombing the layout. :D 
Hope you'll stop by again tomorrow for the unveiling of the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge!  

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, My Favourite Things I Knead You stamp & die, Hero Arts Newspaper Background stamp, Versafine onyx black & salty ocean, mermaid lagoon & chipped sapphire distress inks, My Favourite Things Say Hello die, Radiant Rain shimmer spray, watercolour pencils 

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

I love the effect you've achieved with the background technique. And who knew you like cats? lol!

Leslie Hanna said...

Adorable!!!!!! I love the photo-bomb! And the background stamping over the distressed background? STEALING!!!!!

Thanks for playing CSSC!

Tracey McNeely said...

So cute Lindsey! Love the background.

Dotty Jo said...

Works brilliantly - what a super card! Jo x

Jessi Fogan said...

Wait, a cat? That's unexpected :P That background is freaking amazing - and the cat totally makes this card!

Heather said...

Love the background. And I do agree with the cat. He just seems to fit so well, like he's popping up to say... well, Hello. Which I'm sure Duncan would be doing (or has done) during your creating/posting.

Jen W. said...

I want this!!!! The background is gorgeous and that cat is so darn cute! And you're right - he's totally photo bombing! LOL! How's your kitty doing these days?

Anonymous said...

I really like the blues and the texture in your background as well as that huge happy hello!