Saturday, May 2, 2015

Monochromatic Mamas at the Sisterhood!

Happy first Saturday of May! This must mean spring is here to stay here in Ontario. (Please?) And in North America, the start of May means Mother's Day is on its way. The ever-helpful Snarky Sisters are happy to get your Mother's Day crafting in motion with their latest challenge



It's Monochromatic Mama! Make a monochromatic Mother's Day project, or if we've missed the occasion where you are, at least something special for Mom. I went with purple for mine, just like our challenge badge, which happens to be one of my mother-in-law's favourite colours. Not snarky, but my MIL just might not appreciate snark the way some of us do. ;)



As usual, I seemed to have trouble photographing purple accurately. The front panel is reasonably close, but the patterned paper isn't that dull in real life. (Aside: why is there so little purple patterned paper in the universe? This comes from a Christmas pad. :D) Finding that my hemp twine was an exact match for my dusty concord distress ink was a nice bonus. 
My contribution may not be snarky, but I think you just might find a little snark over on the Sisterhood blog! We are also welcoming our latest Queen of Snark, Jenna. Then you have two weeks to join us! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Echo Park Winter Wishes patterned paper, Unity Insightful Meadows, Market Street Stamps Vintage Music & My Favourite Things Tropical Sensations stamps, milled lavender & dusty concord distress inksZing clear embossing powder, My Favourite Things layered label (for masking) & Lil' Inkers stitched sentiment flag dies, Hemptique purple twine, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Hoooooray sistah!! The sun is shining in Southern Ontario this morning...woot woot!!
Super monochromatic card! Love the pretty purples!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous inking hun, I knew this was your lovely work even before I spotted your name on the SoSS blog, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Super card, my purple background didn't photograph well either. I love the purples.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I like your combination of straight and curved lines; it's all beautifully co-ordinated.
Heather T

Heather said...

My MIL didn't appreciate my humor either. When I enlarged the photo, I could really see the beauty of the DSP. Really nice design and a perfect MIL card.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I agree about the woeful lack of purple patterned paper. Great job using the Christmas paper for Mother's Day, I'm sure your mom would approve.

Karen Schroeder said...

Beautiful card!!! I really love purple too. You're right, it sucks; there is not enough purple patterned paper!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Purple is a hard color to photograph..white balance and all. Great job.

Carol L said...

I hear you on the missing purple dsp!! The same can be said for blue!
I love the diagonal music on this unique vase, and the stamped flowers are just perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

Seriously, the lack of purple is disturbing! And what there is doesn't match anything - nothing! Grrr. This is absolutely gorgeous, perfectly sponged. And wow, am I ever far behind!!