Saturday, July 25, 2015

Shake It!

Happy summer Saturday! Where did July go? It certainly seems to have disappeared quickly for me. The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is back for our final July challenge: 


S is for Shaker! You may have noticed a distinct lack of shaker cards in this little corner of blogland. I had rather thought I would let the whole shaker trend come and go without my participation. But the duty of the sisterhood called, so here is my very first attempt: 


This task was made so much easier thanks to snarky sister Chris generously sending her coconspirators these terrific drink die cuts. I just happened to have a jar of red microbeads to use as my filler. Without shaker card experience to guide me, I may have overfilled my glass a bit. Not that there's anything wrong with a full wine glass! ;)  
Whether you are a shaker card novice or professional, I hope you'll consider joining us for this latest challenge. Make sure you pop by the Snarky Sisters blog to see all the other inspiration from the design team and our current Queen of Snark guest designer, Michelle!

Supplies: white cardstock, Simple Stories Summer Fresh patterned paper, acetate, Avery Elle Wine Shaker dies, American Crafts Pop! rouge metallic microbeads, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun - how clever! Jo x

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool shaker card. I have also stayed on the edge of the shaker card trend. The only ones I've done have been for a class. (Strange that I decided to teach two shakers without having made them before! Mine were very basic) I think yours looks all the more enticing because it is full!

Donna said...

Thank goodness for Sister Chris and her pre-cut glasses! I also am NOT a huge fan of shaker cards, but I like them when other people make them, like yours! Awesome!!

Darnell said...

Go big or go home!! You outshaker'd some of Blogland's best shaker card artists with this delightful inaugural shaker wine glass filled with red microbeads! This just really tickled me, Lindsey!! The chevron backing paper and sediment are perfect!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Heather said...

I had to laugh when you said that you may "have overfilled the glass." Huh? I actually thought this glass looked quite like my own wine glasses...always best when they're full. Great card. Haven't done one myself yet. I might have to try it -- just to use up the millions of micro beads and sequins I seem to have collected.

Karen Schroeder said...

First shaker...awesome! Love how you made the wine look so yummy using the glass from Chris. Great summer card, especially with the full glass of wine!

Barbara Godden said...

Nice job with your first shaker, love the full glass, when you tip the card does the wine I mean beads, all move to one side? I need to know how things work lol.

Lisa Arana said...

You shook it PERFECTLY!!! I love your full glass of wine. I thought I'd let that trend pass me by too, but I caved one day. I do love them now, on occasion. Ha.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I like my wine glasses full too. Wine glasses might be the perfect shaker card image.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great job. I have never been good at them, but have given shaker cards my best try. Now you never have to do another one (unless someone else comes up with a challenge including one).

Lynne Mizera said...

Ah Yes! A WINE Shaker Card... Now WHY didn't I think of that?? It is absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I always put too much shaky stuff in my shakers - but in the case of a wine glass? Never too full!

Chris Dring said...

Regardless of the glass being half full or half empty, clearly there is room for more wine! LOVE this fantabulous shaker card, Lindsey! Your first attempt is brilliant!!

Jen W. said...

I've made a couple of shaker cards but I still struggle with them. I may have to invest in some fun foam - seems like the easiest way to go with these things. Those microbeads are perfect for the wine and that's how full Luis' wine glass always is! :)