Saturday, July 11, 2015

Snarky, Rude... and Cute?

Well look at that, it's Saturday! Must be time for a new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge. 


We had so much fun with our P is for Profanity challenge last year, we renamed it for this year! Now I know this will be hard to believe, but a number of the Sisters struggled with this challenge. For me, the muse seemed to have decided to go on holiday, but I took some inspiration from a nightshirt I saw in a store last weekend. 


More cute than rude, but sometimes you just work with what you've got. ;) Since I needed some extra inspiration, I turned to Leslie's latest Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge (CSSC#6):


I took the sketch and... squashed it. Seems only fair, since my fox stamp is rather squashed-looking, too. Hmm, is it more polite to call him chubby, or squashed? :D He's watercoloured with the same ink he's stamped in.
You will not be surprised to hear that some of the Snarky Sisters ultimately channelled the Rude Muse much more successfully than I did. As did our encore Queen of Snark, Jane, as our guest this week! I hope you're feeling the need to be rude and will join us! 

Supplies: Cougar cream cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Studio Calico Darling Dear Garland patterned paper, Paper Smooches Chubby Chums & Studio G alphabet stamps, Memento morocco & tuxedo black inks, Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #2 die, American Crafts/Kelly Purkey alphabet stickers, (?) washi tape, May Arts jute twine, pop dots

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Rude is what I do! One of these days I'll actually PLAY this challenge.

Oh, and the fox is fluffy.

Thanks for playing my CSSC!!!!!!!

Ardyth said...

This made me laugh out loud! Love it - maybe more cheeky than actually rude, but a very 'sendable' card!

Donna said...

Snark, rude and cute all in one AND it fits the Crooked Stamper sketch??? You win all the things!!! Awesome sistah!!

Heather said...

Now you are back to the person I know (and love). Great card. Heading over to check out the others.

Diane said...

Very funny, great design.

Hugs Diane

Tracey McNeely said...

Ha ha ha laughing out loud Lindsey, I think it is definitely the cutest profanity I have heard in a while. Refreshing really!

Chris Dring said...

Only you could combine cute and rude to make one fantabulous card! Love this!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL!! The winking fox is adorable! The sentiment with the cute fox is hilarious. I love how you watercolored him in the same color as the ink. :)

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

It is cute and rude. Very cool

DonnaMundinger said...

HeeHee! Cute as all get out and still tastefully rude. Love it! xxD

Karen Schroeder said...

Love how you changed the sketch! Fun card, yet rude...cool!

Jessi Fogan said...

I just love this :)
I figure my problem is I used up all my swear words IRL :)

Jen W. said...

I am so CASEing this one - it's brilliant! And I think I may describe myself as squashed instead of chubby in the future. LOL!