Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fun (???) in the Sun!

It's time again to flip your calendar over to a fresh month and to see what Naughty Or Nice Challenges has to inspire you for August! Since many of us are enjoying a long, hot summer, how about Fun in the Sun




I love summer, I love the sun, I was even able to make my card while sitting out on the back deck basking in the heat. :) 


An idyllic beach scene! But wait, what's that? Off in the distance, in the waves? And why is that chair (Muskoka, Adirondack, or whatever name you give to these chairs) empty? Do you hear some familiar movie theme music echoing in your mind? 
Yes, I had a little fun with this card. The shark fin addition didn't occur to me until I was putting the layers together, when I was thinking that apart from the wink in the sentiment, there was nothing particularly *naughty* about this card. And then the little light bulb went on. 
Now it's your turn! Be sure to check out the naughty and nice inspiration of my troublemaker teammates, then turn your favourite sunny activity into a project and join us! The water's lovely. ;) 

Supplies: white, oatmeal, grey & yellow cardstock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party & Echo Park Here & Now patterned papers, Stampendous Fun in the Sun & Viva Las VegaStamps sentiment stamps, Versafine onyx black & tumbled glass distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Paper Smooches Borders I & Clouds dies, Lil' Inkers small sunshine die, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

LOL, that is too cute! I love it!

Leslie Hanna said...

HA! Love the shark.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it... Especially the shark fin detail, Jo x

Heather said...

You had me at the sentiment...then you had to add the shark. Totally hooked me with that. But then I do live in FL and we do have sharks. Great card!!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! Love the aquatic life in the water. We just watched Sharknado 2 last week; there is no reason why a shark might not end up in the Muskokas!

Jen W. said...

So brilliant! The sentiment made me snort and the shark is the perfect addition. Love!