Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tying One On at Naughty or Nice!

Ribbon! We're tying ribbon onto our cards at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month! 


Turns out I don't use ribbon a lot anymore. Which does nothing to explain the vast quantities I seem to possess. I even checked a couple of my boards on Pinterest: barely a ribbon-adorned card appeared. Instead, I reviewed my supplies, found some fun ribbon perfect for Halloween, and went from there. 


This fun stamp set was on the Stampin' Up clearance page late last year and needed to come and live at my house. The fashionable shoes are embossed in holographic embossing powder for spooky shimmer and shine. It did seem to make them harder to photograph, though. They are more vibrant in person. The trio of orange sequins are just as shiny as they look, however. 
Ribbon can be nice, or maybe ribbon can be naughty! I hope you will join us — you have until September 25th to tie one on with us! 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up basic black cardstock, Stampin' Up Tee-Hee-Hee stamps, Versafine onyx black & Memories purple ink, clear & holographic embossing powder, May Arts ribbon, Darice orange sequins, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great! Love the sentiment sooooooooo much, Jo x

Leslie Hanna said...

Cuteness, even if it IS a Halloween card and it's only Sept 1st! I know, at least it's not still August.

Ribbon. I think I just sold all my SU ribbon. (Sold the non-SU ribbon last year.) I only kept the "special" ribbons. I might have to play this challenge if only to use a few inches of it. ;/

Chris Dring said...

Love the ribbon, the shoes and the sentiment! Question: Where can one find said holographic EP and who makes it? I. Need. It.

Becca Cruger said...

Hahaha - you made me giggle right out loud when you said "it does nothing to explain the vast quantities I have". Yep. This is my life. :D Your card is awwwwesome! That cool ribbon just gives an extra special textural touch.

Heather said...

OMG. I also have more than any normal person should have. I don't know why I'm addiced to it. But I don't have anything like yours. Hmm...shopping trip. Love your card...beautiful use of ribbon!

Lisa Arana said...

I just had this thought the other day, I don't use ribbon on my cards yet I have a HUGE collection of ribbons. Wonder when I officially stopped using them. Wonder if it is worth it to even start trying to use them again? These are very deep conversations I have with myself. Lol

I love that texture from the ribbon, so perfect for a halloween card!

Anonymous said...

I don't use a lot of ribbon either but like you I still own a stack! Perfect sentiment and nice little line of sequins.

Jen W. said...

I swear ribbon breeds like rabbits when I'm not in the Craft Cave. There always seems to be more of it every time I turn around! That orange ribbon is really cool though and is a perfect companion for those fabulous shoes!

Jessi Fogan said...

I don't seem to use it much either any more but yep, it breeds! I even give it away and suddenly have more (but never in the precise colour I seek...hmmm...)
This is super fun for Halloween, love that sentiment!