Thursday, October 1, 2015

Feeling Witchy

Not quite sure how it happened, but look, it's October! That means it's time for a new Naughty or Nice challenge:


That's right, the Naughty or Nice troublemakers are Feeling Witchy. This is a perfect time to create something for Halloween, or if that's not your thing, perhaps a *naughty* card for a friend. We all feel a little witchy some days, don't we? ;) 
I chose to go the Halloween route.


This is one of those cards that I added various elements to until I liked it. I started with the witch and the sentiment. She is coloured with distress markers and inks, and I used some of the purple to sponge the edges of the sentiment, as well. Next up, I picked the patterned paper background. Then I added the die cut tree. For a little more interest, the cat and bats came next — I knew I wanted a black cat, so I covered the wood veneer in Versamark followed by two coats of black embossing powder. As I played with the layout, the tree and bats (cut from black cardstock) were more or less disappearing against the black and grey paper. I spritzed the bats with some white perfect pearls mist... and disaster! After my test spray was perfectly misty, it splotched when I sprayed the bats! I grabbed a paintbrush and spread the splotches around to get shimmery grey bats. The tree is sprayed with two grey mists for a little contrast as well. Here's a close-up:



For more witchy inspiration, be sure to check out the Naughty or Nice challenge page... there may even be a little surprise waiting over there! Don't worry, we're into treats not tricks, most of the time. ;) You have until the 25th of the month to join us! 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up smoky slate & basic black cardstock, Hero Arts watercolour paper, Pebbles Thirty-One patterned paper, Paper Smooches Halloweenies & Stampin' Up Tee-Hee-Hee stamps, Versafine onyx black, dusty concord & iced spruce distress & Versamark inks, distress markers, clear & black embossing powders, Paper Smooches Halloweenies & QuicKutz House & Tree dies, Martha Stewart bat punch, Mr Huey's pinstripe & Tattered Angels graphite mists, homemade confetti Perfect Pearls mist, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love that witch! Great background too - what a fun card, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

You've seamlessly combined two things I love: Halloween and snark! This card is all sorts of awesomeness!

Jessi Fogan said...

Yes, October...which hit when all those *diots started posting the 'x days until Xmas R U REDDY' memes on FB, at which point I started drinking heavily.
I love her witchy complexion and the perfect elements!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, your sentiment makes me think of my primary school days when I was actually amused to hear children were scared to be in my class!
Once they got to know me they were ok but it was good to have the scary persona!

Unknown said...

Fab card! I love that tree and the sentiment is too cute!