Monday, October 12, 2015

Under the Weather but In the Pink

Happy Thanksgiving! It was a beautiful warm day here today. I can't enjoy it quite as much as I'd like, as I'm doing battle with a cold that doesn't want to go away. I did manage to make a card for Jingle Belles' Pink Christmas challenge, in recognition that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 


When I see this style of bottle-brush tree, I automatically picture a retro neon pink one, often with fake snow on the bristles. So it was an easy decision to use this stamp set. the tree is embossed with holographic embossing powder for extra sparkle. I kept the sky sponging light so the tree would really pop. I coloured the base with a silver marker to match the embossed star at the top. The edges of the panel were swiped on a silver ink pad to add a bit of contrast against the white card base. I'm also popping this card in at the current Clean and Simple Christmas challenge at Simon Says Stamp. 


Supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts Hero Arts Family and Friends stamps, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox orchid & silver, Versamark & tumbled glass, spun sugar & milled lavender distress inks, holographic, clear & silver embossing powders, Darice sequins, Spica silver marker, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

SmilynStef said...

PINK is the perfect color for that tree ... and your background is fantastic too ... so glad you joined our PINK for the holidays at Jingle Belles.

Diane said...

Cool! Love that color!

Leslie Hanna said...

Looooove that background! Such a pretty card.

Chris Dring said...

This is fantastic! Love the bright pink Christmas tree and the pretty background. Hoping you feel better soon!

lauren bergold said...

have to tell you that i secretly crave a collection of real bottle brush trees and OF COURSE i want them to be pink... i think you may have enabled me a bit with this utterly GORGEOUS cas card. yowza. what a beauty! thanks for totally rocking pink christmas with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Heather said...

This card brings back memories. My grandma used to have a pink Christmas tree. Great card. Sending healing thoughts your way; although I'd trade you right now...my shingles for your cold. Seriously though, I hope you get better soon!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey I love your pink tree, would like one just like it for real! As for the weather is February here? Grew up with a cottage on the same latitude so I am no stranger to the cold and snow!

jenn shurkus said...

i LOVE non traditional colors for holiday cards, so this is perfect :) thank you for joining us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

SewPaperPaint said...

How I love this bottle brush tree! What a gorgeous card you've created. Love that you made this for such a good cause!