Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung...


It's Saturday, and that means it's time for a new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge! Even our mascot Edna is getting into the holiday spirit... and perhaps spirits, come to think of it. ;) Our latest challenge: X is for Xmas! 

NEWS FLASH — to accommodate this busy time of year, this challenge will last
not just two, but FOUR weeks! If you're at all like me, you may have a card or two
left to create. (We won't even talk about getting them in the mail; 
that's not nearly as fun as making them.) 

Here's my latest...


This idea had been lurking in my brain for ages, and I finally let it out onto a card. I found three cats that would more or less fit into the three stockings die cuts, and then gave a vague impression of a fireplace mantle behind them. The sentiment is computer-generated. I'm submitting this card to the current STAMPlorations Stamp & a Holiday challenge. 
I hope you'll join us with any last festive cards you make! Be sure to pop over to the Snarky blog to see what my sisters have created as well as our latest guest designer Ike


Supplies: white, grey & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Echo Park Christmas This and That patterned papers, My Favourite Things I Knead You stamps and dies, Paper Smooches stockings dies, distress markers, Papertrey Ink woodgrain texture plate, Wink of Stella clear glitter marker, Recollections black half-pearls, pop-dot tape 

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

What a clever idea! Just think how much nicer the world would be with a kitten in every stocking!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Eek!! Kitties in every stocking would be a fab Christmas. Awesome idea for tucking the kitties "into" the stockings! I love how you colored them, too!

Donna said...

ACK kittens in stockings....sooooo uber cute!!!! Love their little faces!!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, fabulous idea putting the kittens in stockings.

Chris Dring said...

Oh look, you have some cat stamps. ;) This is just too stinkin adorable! Love that they are nestled all cozy in their stockings!

I keep hearing Oprah saying "YOU get a kitten, and YOU get a kitten...!" LOL!

Heather said...

Love the cats. How did I know you'd pull off a Christmas card that included cats? BTW, are we really supposed to MAIL our Christmas cards? Geez, I forgot about that part. Guess I'd better get busy (seriously, I've not mailed a one yet).

Julie B said...

Clever idea with the puss cats and I agree making the cards is more fun than writing and posting!
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. I like the cutie on the end in the polka dot stocking.

LauraJane:) said...

Sweet kitties in stockings! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!