Saturday, April 2, 2016

Just Joking!

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers missed landing our newest challenge on April Fools by just one day, but we don't care! Our newest challenge...


J is for JOKE! Look at Edna rolling her eyes... it takes some work to get her laughing out loud. Here's my attempt: 


This is funny to me as my exes are all in my distant past. (We're talking high school and university, people.) And I'm either on good terms with them or we have totally lost track of each other. As far as I know...



My little puppy is stamped and embossed in grey, with grey Spectrum Noir colouring and a red collar (coated in Stickles) to coordinate with the sentiment. Of course his nose and eye have a layer of Glossy Accents to give them a healthy shine. The chew toy bones are stamped in two different shades of grey. 
(Full disclosure: the American spelling of NEIGHBOUR annoys me a bit, but not nearly as much as non-u versions of colour or favourite.) 
I'm adding this to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Anything Goes challenge, and Paper Smooches April challenge. 
Come and join in the fun this challenge and tickle our funny bones! Be sure to check out the creations of my sisters in snark, as well as our latest guest designer, Irit! AND!!! We are looking for a guest designer or two for a six month gig hanging out with the snarkiest stampers ever! Click HERE for all the details. 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up smokey slate cardstock, Paper Smooches Woofers & Tweeters stamps & Woofers die, Riley & Co. sentiment stamp, Memento Luxe grey flannel & Memento grey flannel, London fog & rhubarb stalk inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Spectrum Noir markers, Glossy Accents, clear rock candy distress Stickles, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is wonderful, Lindsey! Beautifully made and sooooo funny. Might have to steal this idea, hun, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Love this card, love the sentiment fabulous job. me too with the colour and favourite spelling.

Donna said...

He he he this is awesome, love the puppy and that sentiment!!
I need to get working on some voodoo dolls!

Heather said...

I love this. Great detail on the dog...and I'm sorry we've messed with your spelling lol. My English friend corrects me all the time.

Lisa Arana said...

Heehee, just super. Love the pooch for this sentiment.

Paru Mahtani said...

LOL!! just love the sentiment!! super card!
Do stop by and play Paru’s Card Making Challenges!!
http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/

Susan said...

grinning and trying not to remember too much about my ex's! I like you must study the card to get all
the details

Melissa Bove said...

Too funny!! What a great card! Love that sentiment and image!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Jane Willis said...

Hilarious - I know a few people who might like to try this with their exes!
Jane

Unknown said...

Just fabulous! Love your sense of humor!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hilarious! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

Karen Schroeder said...

The sentiment is hysterical...I love it!!! Your card s awesome!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

This is definitely a card worth stealing! Great idea. I'm sorry about your extra u's.