Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Snowing?!?

On Saturday, Ardyth (who runs Muse: ChristmasVisions) asked me if I was going to play along with the current challenge. I told her I was on a Christmas card break. But then I added, maybe if it snows on Sunday, I'll play. 
It snowed. 
The Muse this week is Chriss Blagrave, with this oh-so-pretty card: 


I was inspired by the pastel sponged sky (I can sponge a sky!), the bottle-brush trees (I have bottle-brush trees!) and the bunny (alas, I got nothing. Well, I have lots of cute critters, but nothing that looked right). Here's my version: 


My trees are embossed with snowflake embossing tinsel for lots of shimmer. I hand cut a sloping hills mask before sponging the sky with blue, pink, and purple. Before removing the mask, I misted the sky with shimmer spritz. Sparkly! 



Supplies: white cardstock, Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds glimmer paper, Hero Arts Family and Friends & Paper Smooches All Yule Need stamps, Versamark, Brilliance pearlescent sky blue & spun sugar, shaded lilac, tumbled glass, broken china & stormy sky distress inks, Ranger snowflake embossing tinsel, Tsukineko sparkle sheer shimmer mist

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your sponged and sparkling sky! Your glitter embossed trees are super cool against the sky and your inked blue sentiment is a perfect match! Thrilled that you were inspired and shared with Muse Christmas Visions this week...sorry that you had snow this late in the season !

Birgit said...

I love glitter for Christams cards, so this is just perfect!:)

Ardyth said...

Mark this day, because I almost never say this. I'm so glad it snowed! lol! This card is gorgeous - all that sparkle and shimmer is so festive! So glad you joined us at MCV this week! I hope it snows next weekend too! (not really!!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ardyth; the snow was worth it because your card is beautiful. That snowflake embossing tinsel is very pretty.

We spent some of chilly Sunday cheering from the sidelines at Ben's soccer matches. We didn't have snow but there was a bit of hail!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, love the sky and the sparkle nice trees too. Great use of the Muse card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...and it snowed where I live too!! is it May or what??!!

Heather said...

Well, my comment disappeared. Anyway...you're the one that caused snow in the north? I'm glad it did, because I love your card. The colors and all the glitter, sparkly stuff. Beautiful!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous, shimmery take on the Muse card!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful ... wonderful interpretation of Chriss' card.

Darnell said...

Lindsey, just think how all-powerful you are bringing on the snow!! I'm impressed, lol! But, seriously, I AM impressed by your take on the Muse card! Your trees are brilliant and so is your sky!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Lindsey! I assume it is NOT snowing today because I think spring has finally found us. I really like your embossed glittery trees, I imagine amazing in real life!

Jen W. said...

Bwaha! I can't believe it snowed! That Ardyth has power... Good thing it did though because this is gorgeous. Love that sky and all the sparkle!