Saturday, July 16, 2016

Mixing It Up

Happy Saturday! A quick post to share a card I made for the current Ellen Hutson Mix It Up challenge, collaborating with Neat & Tangled stamps. I have stamps and dies from both companies, but it was so much fun to get together with Emily and Ardyth the other day and use their stuff. ;) Here's the first card I made: 



Since the person I plan to give this to has never watched Grey's Anatomy, I am not wrecking the sentiment (from Essentials by Ellen) by pairing it with a cat (from Neat & Tangled). I used Emily's Copics to colour the kitty. Once I brought the cat and sentiment panels home, I tried some different layout ideas, but decided I liked this really clean and simple design best, to let the image and message be the focus. My contributions to the card's supplies are the Glossy Accents on the heart and the grey card base. 
I have the elements all ready to make another Mix It Up card — but it's a warm sunny weekend, the garden could use my attention... I'll have to see how it goes! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Memory Box dove grey card base, Neat & Tangled Kitty's Favorite Things & Essentials by Ellen Mondo Magnolia stamps, Memento tuxedo black & Altenew ruby red inks, My Favorite Things Blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, Copics, Glossy Accents, fun foam, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, fun to get together with "like" people and craft. I never watched Grey's Anatomy either.

Tracey McNeely said...

Avid Grey's fan here but whether you watch it or not it is a fantastic card! Wonderful colouring!

Anonymous said...

Love your shiny heart!