Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Card and Tag


I've got an almost-last-minute card for the closing-in-the-morning Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, and a tag for the hot-off-the-virtual-presses start of my friend Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! 
First up, let me show you this week's Muse inspiration card by Jeanne Jachna:


Muse ChristmasVisions is making me realize I have some rather Pavlovian responses to Christmas card making... a critter with a sweater makes me pull out my sweatered reindeer, while colour-blocking immediately sends me to my paint chips. I couldn't quite bring myself to use pink (my quota of one pink Christmas card a year has already been reached) but I did go red:


I was also inspired by Jeanne's use of snowflake die cuts and clean, graphic design. After I'd die cut the sentiment and found a couple of snowflakes in my stash, I knew the card still needed something — bling! I added strips of silver washi tape down each side of the panel, adhered a few sequins, then added silver Stickles to the centres of both sequins and snowflakes. 
While the MCV challenge is almost over, the 25 Days of Christmas Tags began today! Tracey puts a ton of work into this, and there are even prizes! Look at all these sponsors: 


Seemed only fitting to CASE Tracey's gorgeous tag today.


Here's my version:


How do you like my tag holder? The only drawback is that if I put a tag into it vertically, it's too high for my current photo setup. So sideways it is today! Instead of stamping snowflakes as Tracey did, I used embossing paste and a portion of a stencil. The sentiment is stamped and embossed in white. A little red, white and silver twine finishes it off.
Last year I participated in all twenty-five days of Tracey's event; I'm not holding myself to it this year, but I'm hopeful! 


Supplies: (card) white cardstock, red paint chip, Poppy Stamps Merry Dots & Paper Smooches & Lil' Inker snowflake dies, Little Things from Lucy's Cards sequins, $ store silver washi tape, silver Stickles; (tag) Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Paper Smooches All Yule Need stamp, Colorbox frost white ink, Wow white embossing powder, Memory Box Winter Tiny Snowflakes stencil, Dreamweaver glossy white embossing paste, Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #2 die, Hemptique baker's twine


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Jen W. said...

Brilliant use of paint chips for your Christmas card and I love the dotty merry. Also your tag holder rocks (as does the adorable tag)!

Robyn Oliver said...

Super card Lindsey, paint chips wow fabulous

Marilyn said...

Lindsey, great color blocks with the paint chips. Wonderful interpretation of Jeanne's card. Also, love your tag.

Ardyth said...

Sorry to be so late -this is a brilliant take on the challenge - love the rich reds and that merry die!

Birgit said...

What a sweet tag! The little guy holding it is cute too... ;0)

Jeanne J. said...

I love your take on the challenge! The pretty snowflakes, die cut sentiment and blink make this extra ordinary!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your bright and colorful tags, Lindsey! Great colors and lots of cheerfulness too!
Take care!
Michele

My Paper Epiphany said...

LOVE the tag and the holder!

Chris Dring said...

Very cool card and tag! Love the red and white combo on both!