Saturday, November 12, 2016

Not Finding my Zen

Do you Zentangle? The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers wants you to try it! 


As with any interest large or small, there is a universe of information and resources for Zentangle across the interwebs. For one thing, it is actually Zentangle® — accept no substitutes. You can become a Certified Zentangle® Teacher (CZT). There are Zentangle books, Zentangle courses... you get the idea. 
I was not the only sister initially a bit intimidated by this challenge. But with the help of two websites, I came up with this: 


This website gave me the idea to use circles to begin my Zentangle. A few of the patterns I came up with on my own, but a lot of them were based on patterns I found here. Of course, being me, I tended to add, subtract or modify any pattern I tried. My favourite is the loopy one up in the left corner; not too hard and a fun finished effect. I actually did enjoy making this, but I doubt I'll take it up as a full-time hobby. ;) 
Once I had my panel made came the question of how to turn it into something more. I didn't want to cut off any and throw it away! Ultimately I came up with this design... it leaves me the smaller trapezoid panel that I can use for an "opposite" card! 
Be sure to check out how the other sisters decided to run with this challenge. And we have a must-see guest designer, Jessa! We hope you'll discover your Zen(tangle) and join us! 

Supplies: white, black & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Stampin' Up real red glimmer paper, Paper Smooches thanks die, black Sharpie pen

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Well done you! I am the sistah who chickened out! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome job, can't wait to see what you do with the other piece of your creation. I must look that site up it sounds like a much better teacher than what I found.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah!!! You rocked it!!!
I love the contrasting red white and black

Jane Willis said...

The fact you enjoyed making this really shows, your card is gorgeous and would be a credit to any experienced Zentanglist (is that a word? It is now)
Jane

Aileen said...

Fantastic card. I tried getting into this style but found that I have a crooked eye so my designs always ended up out of kilter and the gaps too big too small and just generally messy. Love looking at what others do and will leave it there.

Heather said...

Wow! I am impressed. Love how you worked it all together (colors, CAS design, etc). You rocked it!!!

Chris Dring said...

When I first saw your card, my jaw dropped in my lap from awe. It just did it again!

Mimi said...

Very cool! I like the loopy pattern, too, along with the basket weave pattern near it.

Jen W. said...

Dude! I am seriously impressed. I don't think I'd have the patience for Zentangling but you have rocked it. Love the little glitter strip too!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

That is a gorgeous card. Love it.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I think you card is stunning.