Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy New Baby

It's not very often that I need a card for a new baby, but I do this week! I have the perfect new image to use, too. 


Is that little sleeping bunny not adorable? I have an extra reason for liking it so much... 


I have had this little bunny figurine for as long as I can remember, a gift from my grandmother. And I've always loved it. 😊 For the design, I also turned to the current My Favorite Things sketch challenge, although my stamped bunny is not nearly as long as the horizontal banner in the sketch. (They do call it inspiration, after all...) I didn't purposely pick the pink polka-dot paper, but my bunny's blanket was obviously in my mind. 
Not surprisingly, there are a few challenges looking for something "new" in this first month of 2017, so I'm also linking my card up to Just Us Girls (word week: new) and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (new something: both my bunny image and a new baby card). 


Supplies: MFT grout grey cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Echo Park Little Girl patterned paper, MFT Somebunny I Love stamp & die, Unity sentiment, MFT black licorice ink, distress markers, MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle frame die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, super sweet bunny image. and the bunnykins is fab. too, I have some I made years, and years ago when I did ceramics.

Ina G said...

Super cute! Love the bold background and the softness of your colouring on your little bunny. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

Heather said...

Now this is just getting weird LOL in a good way. I actually collect Pendelfins and have the identical bunny figurine (same colors even). Love the card and the stamp. Hope you're staying warm and snugly like the bunnies. Hugs.

Chris Dring said...

Awwww! It's like they made that sleeping bunny stamp for you! This is precious!

Jen W. said...

This is super adorable! Love your soft coloring on that sweet little bunny and the polka dot paper is perfect!