Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Colouring Challenge Day 5


Day 5 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge, and Emily, Angela and I are colouring Hero Arts Christmas Crystals.


I thought they needed some holiday shimmer, so the blue and green ones are painted with Twinkling H2Os. Only problem is, I never have managed to find a good red. So for the third crystal, I mixed a little iridescent medium into red distress ink. It's an interesting comparison — the Twinkling H2Os are definitely more even but subtler in their shimmer. 
Once I'd fussy cut the three crystals, I wanted something suitable for a background. Using a technique I picked up from Jennifer McGuire, I sponged a panel in distress ink, added a few evergreen boughs in the same colour, then brushed Perfect Pearls over it before die cutting and running it through an embossing folder. The finished card: 


I decided to leave the sentiment for the inside, leaving the front to speak for itself. 

Supplies: white cardstock, Card Smith green cardbase, Canson watercolour paper, Hero Arts Christmas Crystals & Decorate You stamps, Versafine onyx black & bundled sage & festive berries distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, white confetti Perfect Pearls, Sizzix holly embossing folder, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die, silver elastic thread

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love the techniques you used, Jennifer McGuire is awesome and you done her proud with your card. Not sure if I have a good red in them either.