Saturday, September 23, 2017

Day 23...Colouring and Tea


Day 23 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge! (I can't imagine anyone is paying the slightest attention, but if you happened to notice I skipped Day 22, It's only because it was an Instagram only post; I coloured but have yet to make a card from it.) Today Emily, Angela and I are using a sweet set called Welcome Home... a fireplace, cute critters, lots to inspire. I always think it should be a Christmas set and have to stop and regroup when I look at it. :D When I got home last night, I had some happy mail waiting for me with a fun tea-themed background set, so I thought I could use the tea-drinking bunny with the background and have my card. 


As you can tell, I embossed the tea stamp in white before using watercolour powder for an emboss resist. While the paint was still wet, I grabbed some with a small paintbrush to colour rabbit's cushion and tea cup. I like how I could get three distinct shades. Of course once everything was dry, I realized the boldness of the background totally overwhelmed the small and delicate tea-rabbit. So below you can see the finished Plan B:


Instead of cutting a circle from the tea stamp, as I'd originally envisioned, I cut an oval from some patterned paper, then found cardstock to complement the teacup and cushion colours. Bunny himself is lightly watercoloured with Zigs. A suitable tea-related sentiment and a few sparkly sequins complete the card. 

Supplies: white & purple cardstock, Fabriano watercolour paper, My Mind's Eye Cowboy patterned papers, Hero Arts Welcome Home & Viva Las VegaStamps Take Time for Tea stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Ranger clear & Wow white embossing powders, Zig markers, Magenta Nuance violet watercolour powder, Winnie & Walter Katherine & MFT layered label dies, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful job on the tea stamp one, yes it would have overwhelmed that super cute bunny, second card with the bunny is adorable. And the placement of the sequins is perfect!