Saturday, September 30, 2017

DAY 30


Thirty days of colouring? DONE. It's the last of September and the final day of The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge. The creation of expert colourist Kathy Racoosin, she encourages everyone to colour every day, even for as little as five minutes. After making it from start to finish for the first time, I think being creative in some way every day might work for me. Not sure I need to colour every day, but it does help hone the process. However, I'm still convinced some days it works, some days it really doesn't. :P 
I did go all out on my card today: 

  
Look at those cute little squirrels Emily picked for Angela and me to use this final day! I started by getting out what turns out to still be my go-to colouring medium, my Zigs, and using them on the squirrels and acorns. I had thought about doing a stencilled leaf background and having them on a central panel, but this morning I decided to get ambitious and make my own Impressionistic background using sponges and qtips. I'm pleased with how it turned out! So much so that I almost didn't put a sentiment on... what if I wrecked it? I'm glad I did though; I picked one that references the little heart tag on the one acorn. 
These squirrels are scampering off to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Anything Goes challenge. 
Thanks to Kathy for the push to create all month, and to Ang and Em for the fun stamp sets they chose for the three of us to create with! 
P.S. This is my second post of the day... you can see my card for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge, Pink Halloween, here!


Supplies: white & Neenah desert storm cardstock, Fabriano watercolour paper, My Mind's Eye Bohemia patterned paper, Neat & Tangled My Favourite Nut & Woof stamps & dies, Unity grab bag stamp, Versafine onyx black & tumbled glass, mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin, ground espresso & gathered twigs distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Zig markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine rectangle die, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey! The scene you've created is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx