Friday, March 30, 2018

Pinkless at Muse: ChristmasVisions

It's the Easter long weekend... and I've been making Christmas cards. Then again, there's still snow in my backyard and the temp today barely cracked the freezing point. So why not? Chriss is the current muse at Muse: ChristmasVisions, and as a still-newbie team member, I'm trying to play along each challenge. Here is Chriss's card: 


I focussed on Chriss's all-over background, gold embossing, and large central sentiment. Here's my version: 


I am willing to make one pink Christmas card a year, for Jingle Belles, so chose to _not_ be inspired by the background panel colour. Also, sometimes you just want to take a shortcut, and so I used patterned paper that happened to have gold-coloured deer jumping all over it. Our fearless leader Ardyth will not be impressed that the background music does not seem to include Joy to the World, but I can at least reassure her that the music in the embossed JOY sentiment is actually the correct carol. ;) The delicacy of the JOY die cut (layered and offset on white) meant it was getting a little lost on the patterned paper, so I added a strip of vellum to temper the background a bit. To match the sentiment, I added gold embossing to a white cardstock panel for a mat.


Having mentioned Jingle Belles, their current challenge is a vintage one, and I'm hoping this has an old-fashioned enough feel to qualify. I do have another idea in mind that will be unquestionably old-fashioned! ;) 
With a long weekend, and a couple of days left to play, why not be inspired and add a Christmas card to your stash! 



Supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Basic Grey patterned paper, Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words:Joy stamps and die, Versamark, pirate's gold embossing powder, Teresa Collins Noel patterned paper

SaveSave Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty, love the gold deer, wtg with the paper. I'm sure I'm going to run out of time to get one done but the Muse card is gorgeous.

Ardyth said...

Love this elegant non-pink interpretation. I can't read the music (ahem, 50-plus eyes here! lol!) so I just think it looks beautiful without stressing about trying to sing along and whether it would match up! LOL!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - the perfect background paper!

SmilynStef said...

Love your take on the inspiration card ... and your wonderful embossed sentiment ... the layered vellum really gives it a vintage feel ... so glad you joined us in celebrating Christmas PAST at Jingle Belles.

Chris Dring said...

I like your take on the muse card! And no pink!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful take from the inspiration card!!

lauren bergold said...

oh what a lovely card... a great take on the inspiration piece and a soft & pretty vintage vibe too! so pleased you could celebrate an old fashioned holiday with us at JINGLE BELLES!