Friday, January 21, 2011

CAS... or PAB? (Unity Friends with Flair, January 21st)

As with any good cult hobby, the world of rubber stamping and card-making has its share of jargon and acronyms. Probably the one closest to my heart is Clean And Simple, or CAS as it's known to those of us on the inside. While I can admire and appreciate detailed, layered, distressed or embellished creations, it's not in my (admittedly tiny) style range. Which brings me to this card.


This, I am afraid, may be less CAS than it is PAB -- a new acronym I've invented! It stands for, of course, Plain And Boring. Two colours of cardstock, one colour of ink, two images, no highly original layout, no embellishments. But I have to admit, I kind of like it anyway.
Check out the Unity blog for the entire list of participants in today's Friends with Flair Hop. You'll find lots of flair!

Supplies: white & blue cardstock, Faded Jeans distress ink, Unity October 2010 KOM Take Time to Laugh Pin It Now!

15 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Who are you kidding, Linds? This is absolutely NOT PAB! It's a fabulous CAS. I love the way you combined the crossword bird and the clouds!

Angie Blom said...

Oh this is amazing. love that cloud image.. and it is fabulous with that bird image.. great card.

Lisa H. said...

sooo pretty with all the blue and white.

Anonymous said...

I think your card is lovely. S x

Unknown said...

Oh it is not PAB - it might be CAS but I think it's FAB!!!!!! Fabulous and Beautiful!

Gwynn said...

This is a great card! It is not plain or boring.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Definitely NOT PAB! A beautiful CAS, for sure! :)

Meg said...

Defintely not PAB, my friend! Love those clouds again!

stampjourney said...

Not PAB--so fabulously CAS! Love it!

Katrina Hunt said...

Oh LOVE THIS!!!!!! hugs, Katrina

Scrapcollectr said...

This is easily CAS (not PAB)! Love the balance of the two colors and the images are great together. Face it, you got talent, girl!
*smile*

Lori said...

No way is this PAB! Love your design!

Angela said...

Yep, definitely CAS -- in the best way, too! Love the simple design, color scheme, and overall tidiness. Very nice, not at all PAB!

Donelda said...

I don't think it is PAB - anything but!! I really like how you have incorporated the images!!!

Anne Tussing said...

OH!!! I love this! You had me laughing at PAB, but it's CAS and wonderful!