Sunday, March 20, 2011

Colouring Stamps with Markers.

Many card-makers buy expensive markers to colour their stamps. Mine came from an office-supply store.


I wanted to be able to have the blossoms on this branch a different colour than the branch itself, as well as the butterflies, which are also part of the stamp. Using markers made it much easier than trying to hit those tiny blossoms with the corner of even a dewdrop-sized inkpad. I also used marker for the sentiment, so there would be an exact match.
Speaking of matches, I'm not sure why the purple layer photographed so dark; it's a good match in real life. Another time, I might add a few Stickles or Spica clear sparkle to the blossoms, but the intended recipient for this card isn't really a blingy-type person, so I restrained myself. ;)

Supplies: white & purple cardstock, Memory Box butterfly stem, Hero Arts thank you, Laurentien markers, corner-rounding punch Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Angela said...

That stamp is gorgeous -- I love Memory Box! -- and your coloring definitely makes it gorgeous-er :) Fantastic card.

It's nice to know that plain ol' markers can be just as lovely as the pricier versions. Time to break out the crayolas!

Meg said...

Beautiful card! I love the clean, crisp look and those two rounded corners. I'll trust you on the purple matting--don't you hate trying to photograph colors like that?!?

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Lindsey! I think purple is hard to photograph in general. ;) I love the clean, crisp design of this and the image is so sweet!

sunghee said...

what a pretty card. Simple yet so elegant. I have expensive markers but can't color as well as u. Beautiful!!!

Karin said...

This is just simply elegant and looks nice and easy to mail :) Love those rounded corners and I love purple! Your coloring is awesome!

Heather T said...

Lindsey this is so delicate and pretty and you have chosen a sentiment in a font which compliments the image perfectly.