Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday SPARKS

I so meant to participate in the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenges every week. That was before a minor bicycle accident either caused or coincided with a serious loss of motivation. Well, I decided I needed to get back in the habit. This week is a sketch challenge:



I have a feeling it's just me, but I looked at those banners, and immediately thought... squirrel! Okay, not just any squirrel, the hanging squirrel from the set Hang-Ups. I used the digital version, and manipulated the hanger a bit in Word.


(Sorry about the shadows... my camera battery was dying, so speed was of the essence) 
It's so good that Kim always says you can interpret the challenge "loosely". :D I'm not always a fan of browns and blues together, but for this card, it just seemed to work. I decided to make it a get well card, although another option would be a birthday card... "still hanging in there?" or something similar. ;) 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up kraft cardstock, My Mind's Eye Cowboy patterned paper, Paper Smooches Hang-Ups squirrel (digital version), Basic Grey Olivia paper ribbon, black Enamel Accents, EK Success 1" circle punch, pop-dot tape


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the paper pieced squirrel hanging from the sentiment "wire." Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Glenda J said...

This is fantastic! Love your take on the sketch. Meant to play along with this one myself but it just didn't happen. Great work!

Jessi Fogan said...

Squirrel! lol - I love him :)
A minor bike accident? I hope you're physically back to normal now? Ouch.

Lisa Arana said...

A.maz.ing! Love how you tweaked the cord to include hi.

Kary said...

This is SO Cute, Lindsey!! Love the polka dot squirrel, and him hanging on the word "Hi".

Jocelyn Olson said...

Super cute card! The brown and blue work. It was very clever to bend the wire--so cool!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE this!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little squirrel! LOVE the little zig zag behind the sentiment banner too! You nailed this sketch:)

I hope you are feeling better from your bicycle accident! So glad you found some time to play along with us!! <3

Jen W. said...

This is genius!! You were robbed in this competition! That squirrel looks fabulous in polka dots! :)