Friday, June 27, 2014

Beavers and Maple Leaves

Happy Friday, and happy lead-up to Canada Day! I know my American friends have to wait till next weekend for their long weekend, but some lucky people will be able to turn this weekend into a four day one. Canada Day and a few challenges inspired me to make a fittingly Canadian card:



I'm using (more or less) the sketch from this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, and the CASology cue word "wood". You're right, no actual wood on this card, but there is our national wood-hewer, the beaver (I realize he was born a groundhog, but pop him in water and I think he makes a reasonable-looking beaver...) and a fine red maple leaf. I kept most of the elements of the Paper Smooches sketch, but dropped one panel and used a symbol in place of a sentiment. I die cut the leaf three times and layered them for some extra height instead of using pop dot tape. The beaver has glossy teeth and nose as well as a Stickled red Canada Day party hat. 
Since Simon Says Stamp has an Anything Goes challenge this week, I'm linking up there, as well. 
I'm back tomorrow for the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge. Let's just say what you'll see tomorrow is quite different from today. ;) Enjoy the start of your weekend! 





Supplies: Neenah solar white cardstock, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Rosy & Lime Twist Fly a Kite patterned papers, Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp, Memento tuxedo black ink, Paper Smooches Leaves 1 die, Spectrum Noir markers, white gel pen, Simon Says Stamp sequin, Glossy Accents, Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Of COURSE, this is a WOOD CHUCK!!!!!

LOL, I love it's so fun and cute, makes me smile, love it!!

Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

Jen W. said...

Yup - he makes a perfect beaver! Love his party hat and the gloss on his teeth and nose! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

As a fellow Canadian, I'm standing at attention! Love that image and your maple leaf! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

ERMAGERD he makes a perfect beaver!! This.is.awesome. :D
I love the maple leaf & his glossy nose & gingham fur. He's a stylin' beaver :)