Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Road to Clean and Simple

It's time for a new challenge at CASology, and here is this week's cue word:


Run. I don't. Maybe from a burning building, but luckily I haven't had to test that theory. So not a lot of interest in making a card with that kind of running theme. People run for political office, but that held even less appeal. What to do? Then I thought about my distress markers, and how delightfully they *run* with water. Now that's my kind of running. 

 

After colouring my tulip stamp, I spritzed it twice with water before stamping it on watercolour paper. I then took inspiration from Ardyth's card from last week's challenge, and cropped the full image using a circle die. I was quite pleased to discover I had a cardstock match for the tulip colour! A white-embossed sentiment finished the card.
I did have a first attempt at this, that I like, but didn't quite make it into the clean and simple category...


The full image, and extra layers, take this card just out of the purely CAS realm. ;)
Need more inspiration? The CASology design team has lots! And then run to your supplies and join us! 

Supplies: (CAS tulips) American Crafts textured cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Hero Arts Newspaper Tulips & Unity Watermelon Gazpacho Soup stamps, Versamark ink, Wow white embossing powder, distress markers, Spellbinders circle die; (not-so-CAS tulips) Stampin' Up naturals ivory cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Basic Grey Oxford patterned paper, Hero Arts Newspaper Tulips & Memory Box happy birthday stamps, peeled paint distress ink, distress markers, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Wow! What a thrill to find someone who takes my advice! lol! Now if you could just talk to my kids! Love this pretty card and the explanation on running - I feel exactly the same way about running!

Heather said...

Never been a runner myself. Not really fond of walking either, since that's too close to running. But, I love your idea for the card...love the card even more. Gorgeous colors and layout.

Melissa said...

LOL! Your comments about running have me smiling! :)
Love how your final design came out! The partial image in the simple circle feels so clean and I just love how you found a sentiment that follows the shape of the circle!!!
It's great to have you guest designing with us again this week! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

So lovely!!!!!!!!!! So pleased as punch to have you as a guestie!!!!

Anonymous said...

These tulips are very cute and look great with the distress marker treatment. I just bought my first distress markers last weekend and really like them.
Heather

Judy1223 said...

Lindsey, I've always loved those Hero Arts tulips, and I really love your distress ink coloring and circle die cutting! Both cards are beautiful! So glad to have you guest designing with us this month at CASology!

Kary said...

Wow, this looks beautiful!! Both cards are so Gorgeous - love the colours & design. Have a lovely weekend!!

Jessi Fogan said...

You & me both on the running, sistah :) I absolutely LOVE your take on the cue card! Ingenious out-of-the-box thinking there!

Joyce said...

These are both just lovely, and I really like your take on the challenge word. And, I wish I had thought of that interpretation, because I have to tell you that I really struggled with this one. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CASology.

Emily Leiphart said...

I don't run either and I love your clever take on the Cue Word! I agree that your second card is much more CAS than the original. Both are beautiful though!