Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Before the trick-or-treaters begin to arrive, I thought I would take a few minutes and post a couple of Halloween cards I've made in the past week, before the occasion is over and we're into November. (Aside: November? Already?) 



Isn't this a fun sentiment? I started by colouring the too-cute-to-spook monster, then cut him (her? it?) in half and attached to the top and bottom of the sentiment. I'm entering this card in this week's Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge. 



This one is a little bit spookier. I sponged distress inks on what was originally grey and black patterned paper so it would better match the tag. The cobweb die cut is covered in iridescent medium for lots of shimmer. The patterned paper is also misted with some Smooch spritz for sparkle, and the edges distressed. With Alice on the tag, I'm entering this card into the latest Quirky Crafts Challenge: Quirky Charades.
Hope your evening is filled with treats not tricks! I'll be back bright and early tomorrow with the newest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge -- you won't want to miss it! 

Supplies: (trick or treat) white & black cardstock, SEI Field Notes & Pebbles Thirty-One patterned papers, My Favorite Things Trick or Treat stamps, Ranger Archival jet black & Stampin' Up elegant eggplant inks, Sharpies, watercolour pencils, pop-dot tape; (curiouser) black cardstock, Echo Park Apothecary Emporium patterned paper, Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland tag, milled lavender and dusty concord distress inks, cobweb die, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, vanilla Smooch spritz, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, Hemptique twine, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Two fab Halloween cards but I do love the sentiment in the first one.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

The colour scheme in your second one is perfect, creepy and pretty at the same time!?
The top one is just straight out fun.

Heather

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, you know, it was SO FREAKING FUN to teach my kids that rhyme? Of course now they're too cool to think it's funny but it's still my fave :)
As for the second card - oh em gee! Purely awesome. I love the spiderweb, and 'curiouser and curiouser'!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh and yes, November? What the actual F?

Chris Dring said...

I think Jessi pretty much said it all...both times! LOL! Love these cards!

Jen W. said...

The first card us awesome and I especially love that orange, green and purple are NOT the dominate colours!
Clever to sponge the patterned paper on the second card - it really lets the tag pop!
We had not 1 trick or treater but thankfully Luis has taken on the task of depleting the candy supply with great gusto.

Emily Leiphart said...

Such fun cards, Linds! Were these for the grandkids? I love how you made the monster taller and the tag is really fabulous!

Spyder said...

Love halloween and that paper!! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts this challenge!!
((Lyn)) DT