Saturday, November 15, 2014

What Did You Say???


That's right! The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is actually encouraging you to use profanity for our new challenge! It's our 21st offering: P is for Profanity (Swear if You Dare). Obviously our mascot Edna is too prim to swear (out loud at least). You may have noticed by my previous SoSS offerings that I do like to be subtle in my snark. So for me today, a card that is clean and simple and merely suggestive:


Some pictures are worth a thousand words; this merely needs one. ;) I could have made this a true one-layer card, but I liked the mix of fonts I came up with from my die cut scraps. And of course I had to use three different stamp sets for the simple stamping! 
Admit it... haven't you just been looking for an excuse to bring truly colourful vocabulary to your card? :D My sisters in snark have outdone themselves as usual, so make sure to check the blog for lots more inspiration. We also have the talented Lauren with us as a guest designer! Now I'm thinking, hmm, maybe I should take a picture of the snow outside and use the same sentiment on a second card... 

Supplies: white, orange, blue & yellow cardstock, Paper Smooches Free Spirits, Amber Ink Hope, Popcorn and Wine & Lawn Fawn freebie stamps, Versafine onyx black, & Memento rhubarb stalk & pear tart inks, assorted die cut letters

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, I'd certainly mutter some naughty words if I spilt my wine! Great card, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

That is a fitting saying for the act of spilling anything but Wine is a disaster. It's also fitting for bowling when you get three Aces in a row (5 pin and leaving the two corner pins)

Donna said...

Edna is prim and proper?? And here I was thinking we had to slap duct tape on her to keep her from spewing the profanities LOL
I had this experience yesterday with tea instead of wine...and I can tell you a few swears definitely came out!!

Chris Dring said...

Oh the humanity!!! Spilling wine would DEFINITELY have me spewing all sorts of colorful words!! This is snarky CAS perfection!

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhh this is FAB! well worth all of the "simple" stamping!!! (this is why i never CAS, it's so much harder than just using TONS of stuff, lol!) for the record, i think cards with snow pics and ANY profane word/compound word/expression would sell like hotcakes. they would to *ME* anyway, i hates that schtuff!!! :)

Becca Cruger said...

That's definitely what I would say if I spilled a glass of wine. ;) Hehe.

Heather said...

Excellent, fitting card. I don't think it requires anything else...spill wine...swear. Yup. BTW, found a bottle of chocolate red wine. Haven't tried it yet...but how could two of my favorite things be so wrong together?

Jessi Fogan said...

I definitely think the snow shit card would be a stunner. I'm feeling that right now! lol! Isn't it funny how CAS cards often have the longest supply lists?

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL! What a great CAS card to express the loss of one's wine. It's perfect. :D

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Let's take a moment to mourn the passage of Lindsey's wine. I might say something stronger if it was my wine. This card makes me so sad

Karen Schroeder said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wine. One bright point is it didn't spill on your keyboard. ;) I love the simplicity of the card and the sentiment! Great way to use your scraps!