Monday, September 21, 2015

Christmas Threefer




While making a card for my friend Leslie's Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge, I managed to incorporate two other challenges as well! And even get a Christmas card done: 


I turned Leslie's sketch 90°counterclockwise. I used a couple of post-it notes as a mask to sponge the sky, and then the same to lightly sponge a couple of drifts in the snow. The snowman is embossed and coloured with distress inks and markers. There are black Enamel Accents on his buttons and red Liquid Pearls on the holly berries. I curled the sentiment just a bit on the acrylic block before stamping and embossing it. A fairly simple card, but I think it's kind of cute! 
And although it wasn't my intention going in, I realized as I was making this that all my supplies are well over a year old (seriously, I even reused the post-it mask from earlier years of Christmas cards!) so this qualifies for the current Shopping Our Stash/Jingle Belles bonus challenge. And with all Paper Smooches stamps, this qualifies for this week's Anything Goes challenge. (Wait! If I'm entering a combined challenge, is this really a four-fer? Whatever. :D)

      


Supplies: white & American Crafts textured blue cardstock, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamps, Versafine onyx black & broken china, mowed lawn & festive berries distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, distress markers, black enamel accents, ruby red Liquid Pearls, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

YAY! You did it! And I love that snow dude. I also love how you sponged the snow hills. I'm totally stealing that.

Thanks for playing my Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge!

Leslie Hanna said...

Me again, different hat. Also thanks for playing our SOS/JB challenges!

Dotty Jo said...

Great CAS card - what a beauty! Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I love this card! The sponged hills are awesome and love you know I love all things PS! Oh, and thanks for joining Shopping Our Stash and the Jingle Belles for our joint challenge!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh that is a fab sentiment and i loooooooooove that snowman! beautiful background, as well! thanks for shopping your (holiday!) stash with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Heather said...

Great card. And way to go combining lots of challenges

Ardyth said...

This is super cute - I love the fresh, crisp feeling of the icy blue!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done and your colours are crisp and icy!

Audrey said...

Such a cute card! I love that snowman!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Love those snow hills!!! And you're organized enough to still have the post-its? I've just cottoned on to keeping them with a stamp set...