Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas Tags, Day 15

Our first serious snowfall of the season started last night, so what better time to be making tags for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags? May I present Day 15: 


I actually started this tag several days ago. (In tag-making, I'm not very far behind Tracey, it's just the blogging...) I chose Danielle Walls' pretty tag as my inspiration. I was inspired by the masked and sponged panel, the predominant green colour and her use of vellum. Unfortunately, the vellum didn't go quite the way I had planned. ;) Let me explain...
I started by masking the top and bottom of a cardstock panel. I could have used the same distress ink Danielle did, but no, I had to go with peeled paint, instead. After I sponged, I laid a vellum panel over top and realized my sponging disappeared too much with this colour. Sigh. So I set my tag aside and moved on. The next day I went back and added the branches (also in peeled paint) and the ornament, stamped in gold. This time it was the gold that kind of disappeared. Hmmph. The tag was now set aside for several days. Eventually it drifted into my brain that perhaps I could use vellum to stamp just the ornament on! So that's what I did today, plus added the sentiment. Now I have a tag I am happy with. :)

Supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Hero Arts Decorate You & Prima North Country stamps, Versamark, Brilliance galaxy gold & peeled paint distress inks, pirate's gold embossing powder, corner-rounding & small hole punches, gold elastic cord

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I'm sorry for your troubles, but I'm a little bit happy that I'm not the only one who goes through this. Stamping is HARD!

Chris Dring said...

I really like your version of her tag!

Teresa Doyle said...

It certainly turned out well in the end. Its adorable!
I have a lot of un-finished projects on my desk at any given time but after some time away from it, I can always manage to make it work and am often more pleased with it.