Thursday, June 16, 2016

MFT Camp Create — Day 2

I have another card for this week's Camp Create at My Favorite Things! Day 2's craft is Sensational Sliders, and once again my friend Steph has a helpful video about creating a slider card. 



I did not make a slider card. :( Although they are now on my wish list, I don't have the cool dies Steph used to make her card, and my brain didn't really feel like working out a DIY version today. Luckily, any interactive card counts towards today's craft badge, so I went for a wobble card! 


I love this MFT cat! Particularly since our cat Duncan often sleeps like this, flat on his back. As usual, I've used Duncan colours for my kitty, too. I hope the Polaroid background doesn't look too much like water... my original idea was that this colour would match the glitter element I would add to the card, to bring in Monday's glitter craft, as well. Didn't happen. Obviously, the personalized sentiment had to be made on computer. I think this will be a fun thank you card next time Duncan needs a cat-sitter! 


Here is some Boomerang wobble action! 



This is one of those card ideas that came into my brain almost fully-formed... I think I may have had Shopping Our Stash's current "Let Me Take a Selfie" challenge in the back of my mind. I'm also adding this to Simon Say's Stamp's Wednesday challenge, "Animal Magic". (A wobbly, belly-up kitty is magic, right?) 
I'm a little behind in the camp activities, but I generally am a rather reluctant camper. ;) If only the arts and crafts activities had been this much fun! 


Supplies: white cardstock, watercolour paper, Basic Grey Plumeria patterned paper, MFT I Knead You stamps & dies, MFT black licorice & blueprint sketch distress inks, Spectrum Noir markers, Lil' Inkers instant camera die, MFT Blueprints 24 dies, jewellery wire (for DIY wobble), Studio Calico sequins, silver Stickles, pop-dot tape

SaveSave Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is adorable, love it. I made my first polaroid for the SOS challenge too.

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love the wobble bit, the design is brillliant.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Lindsay: This is a super cute take on our Shopping Our Stash "Take a Selfie" challenge, how adorable is this kitty!! Love the wobble and it's sweet little face, how can you not rub his belly?
At first I thought he was just chilling on a pool, but as I kept reading your post, realized that was not your intention, either way, this card is awesome.
Thank you for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Dotty Jo said...

Brrrrrrrrrriliant! I may fail in my attempt not to CASE this immediately, Jo x

Chana Malkah said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Barbara Godden said...

Back again, Awesome job on the take a selfie challenge Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Deena said...

Love Your little wobble cat. So much fun and the background on the selfie is great. Thanks for playing in the Shopping our Stash challenge this week.

Jen W. said...

Not water - a shag carpet which and self respecting cat loves to snuggle in! Love the sentiment and the wobble - almost looks like his tail is wagging too!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and interactive! I think the only interactive card I've ever made was a shaker card, nowhere near as much fun as this little cat!