Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pin-Sights and More

 Ellen Hutson has a new Pin-Sights challenge, and here is the inspiration photo: 



Just one photo this time (usually it's a photo collage) But there is definitely lots going on! I was inspired by the celebratory nature of the image, the bright colours — purple, teal, yellow, pink — and the confetti/sprinkles on the tablecloth. (The food inspired a snack, but that's different. :D ) Here is my card:


Normally I have trouble going against nature's colours when I'm making a card, but somehow a purple hippo felt right. His toenails just happen to match the bird, and his hat the balloon. After colouring the balloon, I painted it with a layer of iridescent medium and then a thick coat of Glossy Accents. Shiny and sparkly! 


The polka dot washi tape across the bottom is my nod to the sprinkles. 
The CAS Mix Up challenge this month is looking for stamping plus markers. I've got those plus die-cutting, paint (the iridescent medium) and Glossy Accents, so it really is a mixed media CAS card! 



Supplies: white & black cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Wish Big stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & smokey gray ink, Spectrum Noir markers, My Mind's Eye washi tape, pop-dot tape 

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy and fun, Lindsey! Love that purple hippo and his bird friend! Great coloring and detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

You're right Lindsey, that purple hippo is the perfect colour ... love the painted toes! :) Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Barbara Godden said...

Really fun card, love the hippo. I giggled at the "snack" part it would have sent me to the freezer for AJ waffles.

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet! Jo x

Annie said...

such a fun card Lindsey..............the hippo's face is so cute..............TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Susan said...

A perfect birthday card for a child - it's so much fun with the purple hippo and the pink bird holding his sparkly balloon. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Jen W. said...

I'm so with you - my animals always end up normal grey and browns. I really need to be more adventurous. I think purple is perfect for a hippo and I love the sparkle on the balloon. (And now I really want some waffles...)