Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mixing It Up Part II

Just as I predicted, I'm back with a second card for Ellen Hutson's Mix It Up challenge with Winnie & Walter. ;) 



I thought this pretty, delicate Winnie & Walter heart worked perfectly with Julie's Be-you-tiful sentiment. The background was an experiment that actually worked! (I'm sure many others have done this, just not in my presence. :D) I combined ink smooshing with a stencil — I was worried at first when I saw how much ink leaked under the hearts, but I really like the finished effect. After I lifted the stencil and mopped up some of the extra ink with a tissue, I splattered the background with a bit of Perfect Pearls mist. I also sprayed the sentiment with sparkle mist; neither one was willing to show up in photographs. 



This card also works for two other challenges: What's the Good Word at Shopping Our Stash and Anything Goes with Dies at Happy Little Stampers. My snarky sister Chris just reminded me to add this to the Just Us Girls watercolouring challenge, too! 



 




Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen be-you-tiful, Winnie & Walter flawless heart dies & MFT blueprints 24 stitched rectangle die, Stamplorations hearts all over stencil, worn lipstick distress ink, Kuretake Gansai watercolours, homemade confetti white perfect pearls mist, Imagine Crafts sparkle sheer shimmer mist, glue dots

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Lindsey--great new technique and it looks fantastic!

Mimi said...

Oh, thank goodness you came back (to SOS) with this card-- what if I missed it in Blogland??? I absolutely love everything about it! That background is dreamy, the word die is the perfect description of this card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous background and I love the soft pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, I love how you have used the heart stencil then let the colour go wild. Looks wonderful and totally goes with the die cut heart.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This truly is beautiful! Thanks for playing again with us at HLS!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, love the background, thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the What's the good word challenge.

Chris Dring said...

I adore that smooshed, stenciled background! IT'S SO AWESOME!! Love the pretty heart and the die cut sentiment on top of it. Such a gorgeous card! Oh, and thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash and Just Us Girls!

Amy Seigler said...

Love the background and card! It really turned out beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at HLS!