Friday, August 12, 2016

Third Time's the Charm?

I'm back with a third and final entry for Ellen Hutson's call for guest designers for their Pin-Sights Challenge. And just for something completely different, I made a Christmas card. 


I purposely took the month of July off from Christmas card making. But it's August now. :D I love this Tis the Season stamp set! It was my husb who asked me if I could colour the bulbs in a way that would make them "glow". So I used two of these teeny ball applicators to sponge distress inks in and around each light. My husb thinks I did it so well, he suggested I make several of these for the Christmas season! :o For the panel on the left side, I stamped the lights several times and coloured them. When I tried them with the main panel, they seemed to be competing for attention too much, so I softened them with an overlay of vellum. And of course a little glitter was needed. ;) As was clear embossing powder on the sentiment.
Enjoy your weekend! 

Supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Essentials by Ellen Tis the Season stamps, Versafine onyx black, festive berries & mowed lawn distress inks, clear embossing powder, Glitter Ritz regal red glitter


SaveSave Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I love it! What a gorgeous card, I'm keeping it all crossed for you, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous!!! awesome job with the lights and super idea about the vellum. Good luck on winning the DT position.

Laurel Beard said...

HAHA! This is awesome! What a great card to mass product for Christmas cards!