Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pink Halloween is Here Again

Yes, it's October, and if all the cooler temperatures, increased rainfall and dropping leaves aren't enough, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is insisting we celebrate PINK HALLOWEEN again. 



Not that I'm a big fan of the colour orange, but pink isn't my favourite either. So the Sisterhood has definitely bumped up my snark factor. And yet... it didn't quite translate into my card. 


Since I love them so much, I used both orange and pink inks to create my ink-smooshed background. I've had this silhouette stamp for ages, but this just might be the first time it's made it to a finished card. Both it and the sentiment are embossed in sparkle embossing powder. For the final element, I added a thin strip of metallic cardstock down one side of the smooshed panel. 


Pretend you can see the sparkle. ;)
I may have missed out on the snark factor today, but rest assured, my sisters have managed some! Be sure to check out their creations, as well as that of our latest guest designer, Queen of Snark Gina! You have two weeks to join us in the Pink Halloween fun... perhaps you will join the ranks of snarky royalty! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up basic black & DCWV metallic silver cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Penny Black Nature's Dance & Unity/Echo Park Fright Night stamps, Versafine onyx black & spun sugar, worn lipstick, picked raspberry & carved pumpkin distress inks, Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, EK Success 1" circle & Creative Memories corner-rounding punches, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Lindsey! I love the striking simplicity of your design, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

You are the Queen of CAS, Lindsey! I love that smooshed background, and how it makes that silhouette stamp really pop!

Ardyth said...

Beautiful background! With the black, it's perfect for Halloween!

Jane Willis said...

That smooshed background is gorgeous, and makes the lone raven in the tree look really spooky and sinister silhouetted against it. Stunning!
Jane

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh orange and pink smooshy background???
Fan-freakin-tastic!!!

Barbara Godden said...

Love the smooshed background, love the silhouette stamp, awesome CAS card, you are so good with them.