Friday, November 25, 2016

Guesting at Tag You're It!



I'm excited to be a guest designer at Tag You're It! Today's challenge is brought to you by featured artist Loll Thompson with this beautiful tag: 



Beautiful background sky, white silhouette trees, snowy landscape and lots of sparkle. More than enough inspiration for me! Here is my tag: 


I started by sponging my sky with green and blue distress inks, although I didn't manage as much green in my sky as Loll did. (My first attempt, with more green, was not a success...)  For the snow, I used a toothpick to dot acrylic paint all over. I used a border punch for the first layer of landscape, then ripped white cardstock for the second. While I would have loved to have the Stickles on my tree look as artistic as Loll's, it wasn't working for me, so there is an overall glittery coat instead. 
All the details for how to play along with the Tag You're It Challenge can be found here. I hope you'll join in the fun! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Prima North Country stamp, tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon & twisted citron distress inks, MFT blueprints tag builder 4 & (?) tree dies, Claudine Hellmuth Studio blank canvas acrylic paint,  EK Success alpine trail border punch, icicle Stickles, May Arts twine & scrap ribbon

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful tag, the sky is gorgeous.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous tag, love that sponged sky! Congrats on your GDT, Jo x

Loll said...

Hi Lindsey. Your sponged sky is really beautiful. Great variations of colours and pretty with the falling snow. Lovely snow scene with your sparkly tree. Thanks so much for CASEing my tag. Loll