Thursday, December 15, 2016

Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge GUEST DESIGNER!



I am beyond thrilled to be guesting for the new Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge 😄 The Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest-inspired photo. Here is this month's: 




To play along, use Essentials by Ellen products, take inspiration from the photo above and link up your creation on the challenge inlinkz. One random participant will win a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store!
I was inspired by the images of Christmas at home, and of course by the red — I'm amazed more red didn't end up on my card! Here it is:




The images and sentiment are all from Essentials by Ellen Homespun Holiday — it seemed an ideal set for the inspiration photo. I started by stamping the popcorn string in black on watercolour paper, then used a masking pen to mask the popcorn and cranberries before stamping the tree in brown. I also stamped the base of the tree in red onto a scrap of fabric I found in my stash. It has the perfect burlap-y look! I stamped the star for the top of the tree in gold, then swiped the inkpad along the edges of the watercolour panel. I used Zigs to watercolour. Finally, I stamped the sentiment in the same ink as I used for the tree bag before mounting the panel on a kraft card base. 

It's definitely a busy time of year, but it's so worth it to play along! Besides, you must need at least one more Christmas card... 😉

Supplies: Neenah desert storm cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Essentials by Ellen Homespun Holidays stamps. Memento tuxedo black, cocoa brown & rhubarb stalk & Delicata golden glitz inks, Zig clean colour real brush markers, scrap fabric, Molotow masking pen

SaveSave Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot. Super cute card great job with the inspiration picture. I probably can use one more card or even more, my stash is pretty low. I still have 9 more to address.

kel said...

i absolutely adore this card! something about the colors, look, and the font. its simple and yet has a lot of hidden elements that make it work. might need this set!

Chris Dring said...

Woo hoo! Big congrats on your GD gig! I can't love this card enough! It is perfection in it's design and simplicity!