Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Happy Birthday!

I didn't want to miss a chance to play at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge this week... they are celebrating eight years of challenges with a Happy Birthday theme! I also wanted to participate in fellow Troublemaker Amy's new Always Fun Challenges. For the first challenge, the theme is Anything Goes, so a birthday card will fit just fine. 😉 Here it is: 


I've been trying to use some of the images I coloured during last month's colouring challenge, rather than adding them to my UFO (unfinished objects) bin, to be forgotten for untold lengths of time. This kitty with his fishbowl are two of them. For the background, I didn't want my clocks too defined, so brushed a watercolour panel with water before inking up the stamp with two colours of distress ink and stamping it. The sentiment I used is actually a two-line one, so I masked off the second line before stamping and embossing the first. This saved the punchline for the inside... "unless you wish to be younger... then you're screwed". Plus a big Happy Birthday, of course. 😄


Supplies: Stampin' Up crumb cake cardstock, Hero Arts layering cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Paper Smooches Nine Lives stamps & dies, Hero Arts Time to Stamp & CAS-ual Fridays Whole Shebang stamps, Versafine onyx black & antique linen & vintage photo distress inks, Ranger clear & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powders, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Twinkling H2Os, MFT blueprints 24 rectangular stitched frame die, Glossy Accents, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, fabulous sentiment.

Dotty Jo said...

Fun card, Lindsey! Love the expression on the cat's face, Jo x

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fun sweet card, love the image.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

AO Creations said...

So cute!!!! Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at Always Fun Challenges!!! Amy Owner/DT

Waleska said...

Love the background! so creative! thanks for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenges

2craftykaties said...

Oh my! your sentiment is hysterical! I love the UFO mention. We moved recently and I threw out a bunch of UFO's :(
Thank you for joining Always Fun Challenges for our first challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your work.
DT Katie

Misty Elam said...

This card is so cute!!! I love that cat image and I love what you did with the clocks in the background. Lol, I have lots of UFO's too!! I've never heard them called that before... 😄 Thanks for joining us for our very 1st challenge at Always Fun Challenges
Misty DT

Janis Lewis said...

LOL Perfect sentiment and cute card! Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Chs' first challenge! We hope you'll come back tomorrow and join us again for our second challenge.
~DT Janis

Larelyn said...

Adorable! Thank you for joining our very first Always Fun Challenge.