Friday, September 22, 2017

Colouring Challenge Day 21


Day 21 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 20 Day colouring Challenge... and a day I thought I might have to give in and call a failure. Angela sent us a Harvest Berries image to work with, and I decided I wanted to halo the branches with green. I haven't used watercolour pencils yet, so used one to colour around the leaves and branches, then faded the colour out with a paintbrush. IT LOOKED AWFUL. It really did! I wet the watercolour paper and tried to soak up some of the colour, but it still looked horrible to my eyes. Then I tried adding a lighter green to the rest of the panel, and while it looked a little better, it was still not good. Vellum to the rescue! 


While it's still far from my favourite card, I think the vellum, frame and gold sentiment make it into an okay card. Wish me better luck for tomorrow! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up very vanilla & Bazzill Basics textured pale green cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, vellum, Papertrey Ink Harvest Berries & Clearly Besotted Fancy Sayings stamps, Veramark & Hero Arts black dye ink, pirate's gold embossing powder, watercolour pencils, MFT diagonal stitched rectangle dies

Pin It Now!

No comments: