Thursday, November 16, 2017

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 16


Day 16 of Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags, and today our sponsor is Ellen Hutson


I may have gotten a little carried away. :) 


My first thought was to use something from Homespun Holiday for a tag: 


I stencilled a brick background as a fireplace for my stocking — green, since my brick would have clashed with a red one. I used a snow marker to make a puffy cuff and pompoms. 
I couldn't leave out my all time favourite Essentials by Ellen stamp!


I do love this Santa! I kept the tag simple, but did add some shine to Santa's hat and whiskers. 


Finally, I made a simple tag using a tiny Christmas tree from the new Bear Ware 2 and a watercolour powder background:


I thought this little Christmas tree would make a perfect focal point for a simple tag. I did consider putting it in the arms of the bear from All Inside, but it would have covered his face. :D 
Are you playing along? Even if you don't want to make tags, commenting on the designers' tags makes you eligible to win one of the amazing sponsor prizes! 

Supplies: (stocking) Canson water-colour paper, Essentials by Ellen Homespun Holiday stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black & Stampin' Up bravo burgundy inks, Hero Arts white satin pearl embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, fired brick distress marker, Stamper's Anonymous/Tim Holtz bricked stencil, green raffia, Lawn Fawn Mistletoe lawn trimmings, foam tape; (Santa) white cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Tis the Season stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Ranger clear embossing powder, Copic markers, Tsukineko frost white metallic ink, Winnie & Walter Katharine Cutaway die, May Arts ribbons; (tree) Ranger watercolour cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Bear Ware 2 stamp and die, Versafine onyx black ink, Hero Arts white satin pearl embossing powder, Zig markers, Ken Oliver cerulean colorburst powder, May Arts cord, scrap ribbon, foam tape

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

Beverly S. said...

Good work in creating three tags to inspire us today!!! That is the CUTEST Santa image! There goes my want list growing yet again!!! ;)

Dotty Jo said...

I love that cool dude Santa too! Great tags, Lindsey, Jo x

Sue W. said...

Your tags are adorable! Especially like the little tree one.

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute trio of tags today Lindsey!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the naughty/nice tag.
I'm more for snarky than
for too much goo.
thanks for sharing.

Iris said...

Cute tags - The Santa makes me smile.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh Lindsey...your creativity level is on OVERLOAD this week. You keep popping out these fabulous tags, and I've been SO inspired. Thanks so much for sharing your talents. I'm so grateful, and I have LOTS of great inspiration to get me going again today.
Blessings to you,
Karen Letchworth
ww.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

All of these are so cute. I'm really starting to love the way tags free you to do as simple or complicated as you like. Santa in shades -- awesome.

Mary-Anne V said...

Really fun and creative tags.

Unknown said...

Great tags. I love the cool Santa.

Sue D said...

Cute tags. I like the brick background.

Kristie Goulet said...

These are just perfect!!!♥♥♥

Isabel Z said...

Such a fun set of tags!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great set of tags !

Teresa Doyle said...

What fun tags, esp. the naughty/nice one. Love it.

Angela Walters said...

All three of your tags look great! I have the stamp sets you used for your tags. I love Santa in the sunglasses, too! I love to use it with the sentiment you used and the one that says, "Saw that. -Santa" They're both so much fun!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww! They're adorable!!!

Nancy R. said...

Three fun and festive tags! I especially like the Santa tag. Very cute!

Unknown said...

All tag are very funny! :)