Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sunday Sunshine

Double sunshine today... it's bright and clear outside, and inside I have a bright, spring-like card... 



I used the current challenge from Freshly Made Sketches to design my clean and simple daffodil thank you card. One of the ways I kept it simple is no masking! Most of the places where the leaves overlapped I hid with the sentiment banner. Because the two stems are all one colour, it's not really a problem where they cross, and the darker colour of the stem also works to look like it's in front of the leaf. If that makes any sense. :D I used a die to add perforations to the left side of the main panel mostly on a whim, but love how I can pick up the darkest yellow of the gingham paper through them. 
This is also one more card for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge! 


Supplies: white cardstock, Recollections gingham patterned paper, Sunny Studio Stamps Daffodil Dreams & (?) thank you stamps, Versamark, Memento dandelion, cantaloupe, pear tart & bamboo leaves inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Winnie & Walter Katharine dies, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, foam tape


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Kim S said...

Your card is so fresh and lovely! The daffodils are gorgeous and I love the bits of pattern. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured daffodils. Certainly a spot of sunshine.

Cécile RIBON said...

I love daffodils, they are amongst the first spring flowers! Thanks so much for this pretty take on this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lindsey :-) the daffodils are so pretty and I love the layout and CAS design, absolutely stunning! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x